2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why’s it so wrong to ask people to back up their claims. Some come on here for genuine information.
We'll then, they're absolutely deluded.

If every post on this forum needed some kinda proof we'd have about 2000 posts - total.

Forums are 99% opinion or speculation.
In this case, somebody is passing on something they had heard. Believe it, don't believe it. It doesn't matter.

I'm hearing he'll be Injured until he isn't.

Don't have any proof but I'm pretty confident.

If every post on this forum needed some kinda proof we'd have about 2000 posts - total.

In this case, somebody is passing on something they had heard. Believe it, don't believe it. It doesn't matter.

Well maybe they are. But if someone comes on here asking for Patterson injury news me saying “nothing official yet” is all they need to know.

The “my mate happened to bump into him in London on his crutches and he told him his diagnosis. Got a picture too but I won’t post it even when I can blank out peoples faces. Just trust me bro” aren’t helpful posts to the above person.

Well maybe they are. But if someone comes on here asking for Patterson injury news me saying “nothing official yet” is all they need to know.
Fair enough. Direct them to the official Everton Website or Twitter. They're usually first with breaking 'official' news.
The “my mate happened to bump into him in London on his crutches and he told him his diagnosis. Got a picture too but I won’t post it even when I can blank out peoples faces. Just trust me bro” aren’t helpful posts to the above person.
Also fair enough. But personally I'll take it for what it is. A bit of information that may or may not be accurate.

Doesn't matter.

Sorry, I thought it was obviously sarcastic.

I must try harder.

But the point remains, that's the only place you can usually find official 'proof' that you and others seek, no matter how dated it usually is.

I mean, I don’t care when anything official comes out. 6 weeks might be true, it got reported a few days ago. Just think it’s wrong to say “a player said this” without being able to back it up.

Pretty much this.

Except you do have proof he's injured. The shape of his leg when he landed is all the proof you need. We just don't know the extent. 6 weeks, despite being a long time, is still good news if true.

My only doubt, which has nothing to do with the OP, is that with us and injuries, bad news usually turns out to be true, and good news not.

Status
Not open for further replies.