2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sectarianism? The lad is a Catholic. He went to a Catholic school. I think some peope are determined to drag this thread into the gutter.

I'll just keep talking about his playing ability - his strengths and weaknesses. If he has an injury tendency then I'll talk about that too.

Let's just talk football.
He was at Rangers from 8 and was identified by the SFA to be deemed good enough to go to a school for talented sportsmen, religion didn't come into the school he went to, talent did.

Holyrood RC Secondary School is delighted to be 1 of only 7 SFA Performance Schools nationally, and the only one in Glasgow. As part of the Scottish FA's £15m Performance Strategy, these schools have been selected to house the cream of Scotland's talented young footballers.

He was at Rangers from 8 and was identified by the SFA to be deemed good enough to go to a school for talented sportsmen, religion didn't come into the school he went to, talent did.

Holyrood RC Secondary School is delighted to be 1 of only 7 SFA Performance Schools nationally, and the only one in Glasgow. As part of the Scottish FA's £15m Performance Strategy, these schools have been selected to house the cream of Scotland's talented young footballers.

?‍♂️

There has been nothing official released yet about the extent of his injury has there ??.I'm saying nothing until the results are in , this Everton we're talking about.
No, more than Likely if Everton say nothing, then Lampard will be asked in his P/C at the end of the week hopefully

It’s the only performance school in Glasgow and he is from Glasgow area the RC part is not related to NP, it was for sport not religion why he was there.The school would have accepted him even if his religion was Jedi under mentorship of Yoda if they were put forward by SFA as a super talented footballer

It’s the only performance school in Glasgow and he is from Glasgow area the RC part is not related to NP, it was for sport not religion why he was there.The school would have accepted him even if his religion was Jedi under mentorship of Yoda if they were put forward by SFA as a footballer who cant defend and his left leg is made of balsa wood
I've Davek'd that for ya

I must say that reading posts on here regarding this young lad‘s religious background made me smile. I couldn’t care less if he was a born again Barbie worshipper provided he can kick a ball and wants to play for Everton.
The fact that football supporters, who are generally one of the most ungodly bunches, care about what foot a person kicks with beyond me.

It’s the only performance school in Glasgow and he is from Glasgow area the RC part is not related to NP, it was for sport not religion why he was there.The school would have accepted him even if his religion was Jedi under mentorship of Yoda if they were put forward by SFA as a super talented footballer

…a little aside from me.

i went to a CoE infant/junior school, passed the 11+ and went to a non-secular High School. At 15 I became a regular for Liverpool Boys, I was amazed when a letter came to my house saying I had been selected to play for Liverpool Catholic Boys team in their annual game against Manchester Catholic Boys at Holly Park, South Liverpool.

i had no idea such a team existed. I took the letter to my headmaster & told him I was CoE & he said it didn’t matter as I was representing the school. So, I played in that game which ironically took place on 17th March. It was always a point of amusement for my old Mum, I still have the medal somewhere in the loft.

its just footy.

Last edited:
Sectarianism? The lad is a Catholic. He went to a Catholic school. I think some peope are determined to drag this thread into the gutter.

I'll just keep talking about his playing ability - his strengths and weaknesses. If he has an injury tendency then I'll talk about that too.

Let's just talk football.
I heard he was Sikh.

If its a bad injury then we need to be dipping into the championship or league one to pick up another Patterson type player and then hope we can get another season out of Seamus.

I can't believe I'm typing these words on this forum as it's so embarrassing for the boy who googled his school but here goes:

Nathan Patterson is not catholic lol

There are 8 performance schools in Scotland, there is only one in Glasgow and that is Holyrood High School which so happens to be a catholic school. Here are the list of them all:
  • Hazlehead Academy – Aberdeen.
  • St John's RC High School – Dundee.
  • Broughton High School – Edinburgh.
  • Graeme High School – Falkirk.
  • Holyrood Secondary School – Glasgow.
  • Grange Academy – Kilmarnock.
  • Braidhurst High School – Motherwell

Love how he just states the boy is catholic like he has some inside scoop. davek is such a bean, man.

It's become a little irkesome how lot of good people in Scotland (and Ireland/N Ireland) are trying to move away from this sh1t (setting up anti-secterian grassroots initiatives etc..) and you've got folk like davek thinking The Troubles etc.. is just a wee thing where you get to choose a side and treat it like a wee game.

Status
Not open for further replies.