2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank is not going to throw any player under the bus just yet, but we have seen this defence crumble under pressure time and time again. Lampard has seen it and he’s been here 2 weeks.

The next 3 games will be huge tests. The problem with Coleman, Keane, Holgate. Kenny to a lesser extent because he hasn’t played much. Is under pressure we will always concede. Leeds didn’t do that Saturday. But the next 3 teams will. Not only do we usually concede. These players amd a few others. Forget how to control the ball and pass it.
They're far from being a good back 4. However it's equally clear FL doesn't see Patterson as an option he can turn to.

We got absolutely fleeced by rangers for Patterson and Kiev for mylenko. Sincerely hope both lads make it but they are a fair way off given our dire need for full backs
Why did we?

Mykolenko has looked fine, hes 22, will develop strongly under this coaching staff and once he learns english - unfortunate with covid

Patterson, strong prospect and he was £8m at 20 years old

Both internationals as teenagers, but ok Fleeced
Lot's of players play as Internationals at younger age groups but end up doing nothing. Have to be honest, the Patterson thing is a bit odd. I'm not against bringing in good young players (we should be doing that) but RB is such a key area for us that any RB coming in needed to be first team ready.

Lot's of players play as Internationals at younger age groups but end up doing nothing. Have to be honest, the Patterson thing is a bit odd. I'm not against bringing in good young players (we should be doing that) but RB is such a key area for us that any RB coming in needed to be first team ready.
You could argue that for every position though.

And there’s a difference, from playing the odd game as a teenager for your country, than being first choice for a few years, like Mykolenko. Ok patterson still has a bit to go to be Scotland’s first choice, but it seems most people think he’s there to stay.

Ah he has like.

I can’t remember him having any comically bad games the way Martina, Niasse, Alcaraz etc. had but I do remember him being absolutely lost away to Spurs (in a terrible side albeit) and Arsenal.

Jonjoe Kenny has definitely had bad games.
I don’t think any of Jonjoe‘s bad games have been as poor as the many very poor games that the well established Michael Keane has played for Everton season after season.

Patterson is a good buy for Everton. Don't know why he hasn't featured yet . But I predict now that he will be a good player for us. He will prove to be better than Kenny.
So if Coleman can keep performing to the level that he produced against Leeds , then it's his position for the remainder of the season. Then it's Patterson and Kenny in that order for future seasons.
All just about opinions.... But let's see how he performs before writing him off.
And as for not ousting Tavenier at Rangers. I thought that when Patterson did take his place for a few games , that he played every bit as good.
But it's hard to explain , but Tavenier was never going to be dropped. Tavenier is a mainstay at Rangers.
And as for some punters on this thread dismissing Patterson's few games for Scotland as not meaning that much. Fair enough. But Patterson was man of the match ( voted by many football punters) in his last couple of Scotland outings. Not to shabby.
It's all about opinions folks. And my opinion is that Patterson will become a top player for us. Let's hope that he gets his çhance.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.