2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could do with a first choice RB in the summer coming in with Patterson understudy, Kenny out of contract and Coleman put out to pastures new.
If we can work on Patterson between now and August, throw him into starting XI for pre season and give him a run of games we will know better where we are with him.
If he's progressed to a stage where Frank trusts him then he needs to be no1, and im happy with Seamus as back up and also as support for the lad to help him mature.
Unless he's nowhere near cutting the mustard cant see us splashing out on a new RB to come in above him, we've tried for years to get one and failed repeatedly

No idea if Patterson is good enough or not but please don’t let one ok game from Coleman and Kenny hide the fact that neither of them are anywhere near good enough to be playing regularly for us.

Has Kenny ever really played badly? Ws good against Villa too. I remember him being average a fair bit, but never seen him have a bad game for me.

Coleman I agree 100%

Has Kenny ever really played badly? Ws good against Villa too. I remember him being average a fair bit, but never seen him have a bad game for me.

Coleman I agree 100%

Ah he has like.

I can’t remember him having any comically bad games the way Martina, Niasse, Alcaraz etc. had but I do remember him being absolutely lost away to Spurs (in a terrible side albeit) and Arsenal.

Jonjoe Kenny has definitely had bad games.

Ah he has like.

I can’t remember him having any comically bad games the way Martina, Niasse, Alcaraz etc. had but I do remember him being absolutely lost away to Spurs (in a terrible side albeit) and Arsenal.

Jonjoe Kenny has definitely had bad games.
Id say its more like up until yesterday i cant remember him ever having a good game.
He's one paced, physically weak, limited on the ball and struggles to do basics like take a throw in.
He's nowhere near premiership level week in week out

Hopefully he may get a few minutes soon as a sub if we are in a decent position in games and fingers crossed "if" we are in a position of safety maybe he can get a full before the season ends.

….yes, hopefully there’s a definite strategy not to use the most promising youngsters at this moment, I don’t think Dobbin has been involved as yet.

Nah we must buy there if he’s not ready. We cannot ever compete with Coleman & Kenny. Don’t be fooled by one good performance.
Kenny can play either flank; Coleman quite clearly is fit enough and decent enough to be a starter.

Regardless of Saturday, Coleman's demise has been greatly exaggerated by people impatient to see the shiny new toy of Patterson...but they've now had their cards marked for them by the manager who's said he's below SC and JJK in the pecking order.

Lampard will not prioritise RB for spending.

Kenny can play either flank; Coleman quite clearly is fit enough and decent enough to be a starter.

Regardless of Saturday, Coleman's demise has been greatly exaggerated by people impatient to see the shiny new toy of Patterson...but they've now had their cards marked for them by the manager who's said he's below SC and JJK in the pecking order.

Lampard will not prioritise RB for spending.
Frank is not going to throw any player under the bus just yet, but we have seen this defence crumble under pressure time and time again. Lampard has seen it and he’s been here 2 weeks.

The next 3 games will be huge tests. The problem with Coleman, Keane, Holgate. Kenny to a lesser extent because he hasn’t played much. Is under pressure we will always concede. Leeds didn’t do that Saturday. But the next 3 teams will. Not only do we usually concede. These players amd a few others. Forget how to control the ball and pass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.