2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see us signing another right back till next summer when Coleman’s contract expires. Coleman can fill in a back 4 but can’t play a wing back, but if Patterson is injured/suspended I’d guess Lampard will play iwobi wing back when necessary.

Amid reports of an exit Patterson kept his focus on the league with the big kick-off just two weeks away. He told club TV:

"It was good to get more minutes under the belt. It's good for the legs and good for the start of the season, and I'm looking forward to it.”

"It's obviously my aim to try and provide for the team, and obviously get forward for the team. I got two (assists) today so I am delighted with that.”

“The fans always come out for the away games and it was a great support once again. No surprise."

Thought the manager really helped him out today by playing Godfrey and then Holgate at right centre back. Both of them pushed really wide, almost playing right back at times to allow Patterson to stay high and take the pressure off him defensively. Smart tactics at last, nice to see that he quickly learned from the Minnesota game.

The wide centre halves in this formation are meant to be wide. It wasn’t to help anyone that’s just literally how it’s meant to be played. We only thing it’s different because we normally balls it up.

The wide centre halves in this formation are meant to be wide. It wasn’t to help anyone that’s just literally how it’s meant to be played. We only thing it’s different because we normally balls it up.
Yeah I understand your point here but I still think it was a deliberate ploy. I don't remember tarkowski hitting the left hand touch line much at least. Also Godfrey playing on the right side of defence when he's generally played left side makes me think it was an attempt to shore up a weakness too.

Yeah I understand your point here but I still think it was a deliberate ploy. I don't remember tarkowski hitting the left hand touch line much at least. Also Godfrey playing on the right side of defence when he's generally played left side makes me think it was an attempt to shore up a weakness too.

Godfrey’s only played left side because none of our other defenders can.

Status
Not open for further replies.