2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just not a defender. It's well known.

I've said befoe, if you want to play him as a make do winger then do that. But every single game he plays he underlines he's not a defender - tonight included.
This is my conclusion as to why he's not getting in the team. If he can create chances stick him on the wing in front of Coleman.

D'you know if this lad produced a masterclass in the art of defending his own area and destroyed an opposition winger it'd be a helluva point to make in favour of his inclusion in Everton's starting XI. As it is we have wingers and he wont be getting a start.

I dont think that essential but obvious point is sinking in here. To force Lampard's hand he has to defend the ball. We all know he can get forward and run with it. He's a defender...apparently, so let him prove he can do that. A surging run forward in a charity match against a second string Polish XI isn't going to change his fortunes here.
Honestly give it a rest your embarrassing yourself.

Patterson had a decent first half and look promising. He got taken off as that’s what happens in friend players get taken off to give other players a chance. No one is getting carried away just pointing out there is a player there.

You’ve really outed yourself as a very bitter and petty person who doesn’t really have a clue what they are talking about.

This is my conclusion as to why he's not getting in the team. If he can create chances stick him on the wing in front of Coleman.
it's because Lampard is scared to trust a young lad. He trusted his Chelsea babes because he coached them at youth level but he's bottling it big time here.

It makes more sense to me to play him in front of Coleman. The problem is we have Gordon there, and that lad certainly isn't going to shift him out of that wide position.

There's his problem: Lampard sees Coleman as far and away his best defensive option on the right side; he sees Gordon as far and away his best attacking option on the right.

How people are scratching their heads wondering why he remains out of the picture when those two fundamental facts are in place I really dont know. He clearly falls between two stools. The solution is to send him out to learn how to defend.

But Frank seems to favour a back three and wingbacks so no wingers - the attacking outlet has to come from the wingback. It’s not really happening at the moment.
I guess what they're seeing in training isn't impressing them enough to give him a chance. Even Kenny is getting ahead of him so the question is here are we all saying that Lampard, Clement and especially Ashley Cole can't spot a talented full back who's ready to play over Coleman? Because I doubt that's the case. All we've seen is a few snippets of him they see him most days

4/5 jan signings back that up, we spent circa £60mill + and none starters what was the point of Patterson, mykolenko deli Ali and Al ghazi we stink big time
They were all a waste of money. Square pegs for round holes.

A criminal act of self harm that January window was.

Hopefully comes back with some confidence, can understand coleman with us defending so bad but when we need a goal i feel patterson would offer more going forward hope to see him get more game time

I guess what they're seeing in training isn't impressing them enough to give him a chance. Even Kenny is getting ahead of him so the question is here are we all saying that Lampard, Clement and especially Ashley Cole can't spot a talented full back who's ready to play over Coleman? Because I doubt that's the case. All we've seen is a few snippets of him they see him most days
Spot on mate.

It makes more sense to me to play him in front of Coleman. The problem is we have Gordon there, and that lad certainly isn't going to shift him out of that wide position.

There's his problem: Lampard sees Coleman as far and away his best defensive option on the right side; he sees Gordon as far and away his best attacking option on the right.

How people are scratching their heads wondering why he remains out of the picture when those two fundamental facts are in place I really dont know. He clearly falls between two stools. The solution is to send him out to learn how to defend.
I personally think he will be sent on loan. It's a shame we're in this position, if we were relatively safe right now I'm sure he'd get games. Coaches have to make pragmatic choices over risks

D'you know if this lad produced a masterclass in the art of defending his own area and destroyed an opposition winger it'd be a helluva point to make in favour of his inclusion in Everton's starting XI. As it is we have wingers and he wont be getting a start.

I dont think that essential but obvious point is sinking in here. To force Lampard's hand he has to defend the ball. We all know he can get forward and run with it. He's a defender...apparently, so let him prove he can do that. A surging run forward in a charity match against a second string Polish XI isn't going to change his fortunes here.
We have issues with a failure to score and failure to defend.

Given we struggle with both, attacking impetus from our full backs would not be such a bad thing.

Patterson at least provides that.

They know the squad, there’s obviously a reason they’re picking Coleman. Personally I think it’s less to do with ability (of either Coleman or Patterson) but more about the lack of fight/professionalism and standards across the squad and senior players in general. Whatever people say about Seamus, he’s a top pro, loves the club, will give everything, can never question his desire - and when you look around the squad and there are no other players really bringing that, I can totally see from a managers point of view that you want that on the pitch, leadership’s important. That’s just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.