2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have issues with a failure to score and failure to defend.

Given we struggle with both, attacking impetus from our full backs would not be such a bad thing.

Patterson at least provides that.
He'd crowd out Gordon on that side. I suspect that is a huge reason he hasn't figured. Gordon likes to pick the ball up deep and drive at the defence.

Lampard played Patterson the once with Townsend ahead of him, and they dont clash in that respect.

He'd crowd out Gordon on that side. I suspect that is a huge reason he hasn't figured. Gordon likes to pick the ball up deep and drive at the defence.

Lampard played Patterson the once with Townsend ahead of him, and they dont clash in that respect.
In the 343 the wingback picks the ball up deep and drives. That’s meant to allow the wing forward to play narrow and get close to the centre forward and link with them. They shouldn’t be tripping over each other.

haha i always laugh when I see comments on the Patterson thread, as I know it's Davek trying to justify his views on someone he has hardly watched and is a young lad. You must get bored, making the same point over and over again. You keep mentioning it's well know he can't defend yet I have two friends who are season ticket holders and they say the complete opposite.

The lad was really good tonight, nothing wrong with him defensively or positionally and it's clear he is aggressive, composed and what you would want from a young player, especially one that has hardly played.

Coleman has the position due to being captain and having prem experience, but that hasn't benefited us at all, same with Keane. Time to give young players like Patterson a chance, he cant be any worst than Coleman, especially when playing away.

haha i always laugh when I see comments on the Patterson thread, as I know it's Davek trying to justify his views on someone he has hardly watched and is a young lad. You must get bored, making the same point over and over again. You keep mentioning it's well know he can't defend yet I have two friends who are season ticket holders and they say the complete opposite.
What are they basing that on? As the amount of minutes he played for Rangers didn't even equate to 10 games worth.

It's nothing to do with what posters say or don't say in here. Lampard, Edwards, Clement and Cole all see him most days in training. Are you saying you and other posters know better than them? I'm sure Ashley Cole of all people knows who our best fullbacks are. No? There's a reason he's not getting games and the only people that can answer that are the coaches but they can't all be wrong can they? Especially one of the best full backs of the modern game

We've scored 1 goal in 5 premier League games. We've also conceeded 9 goals in that time.

Maybe giving Gordon the freedom of the right hand side isn't as effective as you're suggesting.

The lad was really good tonight, nothing wrong with him defensively or positionally and it's clear he is aggressive, composed and what you would want from a young player, especially one that has hardly played.

Coleman has the position due to being captain and having prem experience, but that hasn't benefited us at all, same with Keane. Time to give young players like Patterson a chance, he cant be any worst than Coleman, especially when playing away.
....now, if you care to stop attacking me for a second, maybe can you explain why the manager of this club wont play him; and also explain to me while you're at it why an Everton ITK with obvious links at FF has confirmed that he's not training well?

Thanks.

We've scored 1 goal in 5 premier League games. We've also conceeded 9 goals in that time.

Maybe giving Gordon the freedom of the right hand side isn't as effective as you're suggesting.
Gordon is week in week out our best player. If you're challenging that assertion you really are on the thinnest of ice.

In the 343 the wingback picks the ball up deep and drives. That’s meant to allow the wing forward to play narrow and get close to the centre forward and link with them. They shouldn’t be tripping over each other.
I know how the system works mate. I'm telling you that Gordon will make as many runs inside as outside.

This has to be the reason Lampard wont play him on the right - as much as the oft cited defensive frailties, in fact.

What are they basing that on? As the amount of minutes he played for Rangers didn't even equate to 10 games worth.

It's nothing to do with what posters say or don't say in here. Lampard, Edwards, Clement and Cole all see him most days in training. Are you saying you and other posters know better than them? I'm sure Ashley Cole of all people knows who our best fullbacks are. No? There's a reason he's not getting games and the only people that can answer that are the coaches but they can't all be wrong can they? Especially one of the best full backs of the modern game

I guarantee you they know he's better than what we have, because if they don't, given his performances, particularly for Scotland then it's concerning.

It's the usual cautious coaching thing whilst in danger, they'd rather stand by the club captain than make a progressive decison that they could potentially be criticised for if it went wrong and stick with the status quo, even if to the detriment of the team.

It's similar in a variety of positions. Kenny playing left back when he was ridiculed playing in his preferred position, right back in Scotland, is the same.

I'd hazard a guess at braithwaite and holgate/Keane being the same. They know, but don't have the bottle to implement it as it would be a direct change they've implemented, they'd rather be cautious and hope for the best and then let the blame be place upon the previous stewardship than make a direct change.

It's been seen many times before in similar situations.

Last edited:

I guarantee you they know he's better than what we have, because if they don't, given his performances, particularly for Scotland then it's concerning.

It's the usual cautious coaching thing whilst in danger, they'd rather stand by the club captain than make a progressive decison that they could potentially be criticised for if it went wrong and stick with the status quo, even if to the detriment of the team.

It's similar in a variety of positions. Kenny playing left back when he was ridiculed playing in his preferred position, right back in Scotland, is the same.

I'd hazard a guess at braithwaite and holgate/Keane being the same. They know, but don't have the bottle to implement it as it would be a direct change they've implemented, they'd rather be cautious and hope for the best and then blame the previous stewardship than make a direct change.

It's been seen many times before in similar situations.
I dunno mate if you're confident a player is better than what we have then you play him. That would be the cautious move not playing the worse players. Coleman could play in a 3 with Patterson at RWB yet anytime Lampard has done that he has chose Kenny to play RB. I think a manager would be under bigger criticism if he kept deliberately picking a worse player for some reason. Surely his coaches would be on his case too

They have seen the lad through youth football, international football, prem games, so a lot more than anyone has in this group.

I can disagree with Lampard yes, do I know more than him certainly not. All I do know is that Coleman and Keane cost the team weekly, so I can't imagine this lad could do any worst.

And if you believe thus far Lampard choices have been great since he has been here then you are wrong, also see the defensive issues that he had at Chelsea, especially his position on Rudiger, managers can be wrong. Lastly, Cole could rate him highly, he doesn't pick the team!

I dunno mate if you're confident a player is better than what we have then you play him. That would be the cautious move not playing the worse players. Coleman could play in a 3 with Patterson at RWB yet anytime Lampard has done that he has chose Kenny to play RB. I think a manager would be under bigger criticism if he kept deliberately picking a worse player for some reason. Surely his coaches would be on his case too

Coleman has very rarely, if ever, played in a 3 at he back, I believe, certainly not this season.

In the one time we played Patterson, which was in a 3, the positionally inept Kenny, that was seen in Germany and in Scotland decided to play right back anyways despite being the right sided centre half.

It completely crowded the space Patterson had. Kenny was almost within about 5 yards of him all game. It was literally astounding.

Steve Clarke ain't the best coach in the world by a distance but if you compare Scotland's right sided centre half tonight, Mctominey's position, to Kenny's that night, you can only come to the conclusion it's either a clueless coach or a clueless player, or both.

Mctominey steps in to the middle of the park, creating an extra midfielder, whilst Kenny moves to right back and marks our own player. Same position. Same formation.

Surely they can see that. I'm sure they can, I'm just not sure they have the bottle to make those direct changes to senior players at this stage of the season though, despite it hurting the team.

"It's well known" eh Dave?

Care to point to those that agree with you for me?

Or do you have Patterson on your FM 22 save? What's his positioning, judging by your comments it must be a negative number, right?

Your determination and stubbornness used to be quite cute, now you just look silly and vindictive.

Answer this, in your opinion when Everton are playing 3 CB's & 2 WB's. Who would play RWB, give me your choice 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

I dare you to answer but I'm guessing you can't!
Would you like to answer my question Dave?

Status
Not open for further replies.