Nathan Broadhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully mate, I think a loan is the absolute last thing he needs. He is in and around the first team squad, what he needs to do is cement himself there. If he ends up on loan it will be a signifier he is not good enough. Keep yourself as close to the managers attention as possible.
It's a tough one because as we've seen with Lookman and Vlasic the loan could end up being too good in a way and end up messing with the players head. Or it could be a Dowell situation where nothing really comes of it.

At the same time Dowell and Lookman (and to some extent Kenny and Davies) both stayed last year and barely touched the field. Now all of them bar Davies are going to be off this season instead. It would be great to see Broadhead force his way in but it seems unlikely that is possible.

So I lean toward loaning him personally but it is one that brings a lot of uncertainty.

It's a tough one because as we've seen with Lookman and Vlasic the loan could end up being too good in a way and end up messing with the players head. Or it could be a Dowell situation where nothing really comes of it.

At the same time Dowell and Lookman (and to some extent Kenny and Davies) both stayed last year and barely touched the field. Now all of them bar Davies are going to be off this season instead. It would be great to see Broadhead force his way in but it seems unlikely that is possible.

So I lean toward loaning him personally but it is one that brings a lot of uncertainty.

My take on loans, increasingly is that you get forgotten. Particularly if you are where Broadhead is. Vlasic & Lookman had both had big fees spent on them, so would never just be forgotten about. As a younger player though, his best bet is to keep himself in the manager gaze for as long as possible.

My take on loans, increasingly is that you get forgotten. Particularly if you are where Broadhead is. Vlasic & Lookman had both had big fees spent on them, so would never just be forgotten about. As a younger player though, his best bet is to keep himself in the manager gaze for as long as possible.
It does seem like an increasing number of our players aren't getting time on loan. But maybe that's because they aren't good enough.

Having a good 2019, this lad. Another PL2 title, U23 player of the year, loads of pre season minutes in the senior setup and his loan at Burton has started off well having already bagged a couple of times. Could very well have a player on our hands here.

Having a good 2019, this lad. Another PL2 title, U23 player of the year, loads of pre season minutes in the senior setup and his loan at Burton has started off well having already bagged a couple of times. Could very well have a player on our hands here.

I read somewhere yesterday that he only had praise for Silva and Ferguson after his brace and it got me thinking, it's not very often you hear *big Dunc getting mentioned by the players, so fair play and yeah, I reckon we might a future star here! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.