Naismith 3 year extention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he was poor tonight, never seen him play well on the right, it's where Moyes used to play him. Not really got many other options at the moment though! Just needed to look at the bench tonight to see that

Effort and Application 120%.
Actual Quality 20%.
Cannot pass a football to save his life.
Scores occasional goals and wins headers where he shouldn't. Great at finding himself space. Harries defenders like the rest of the team needs to.
However his inability to pass a football is hugely detrimental to our attacking play, so that when he doesn't score goals the team suffers for having him in it.
Either play him behind the striker, as a second striker or not at all.
@bizzaro

Effort and Application 120%.
Actual Quality 20%.
Cannot pass a football to save his life.
Scores occasional goals and wins headers where he shouldn't. Great at finding himself space. Harries defenders like the rest of the team needs to.
However his inability to pass a football is hugely detrimental to our attacking play, so that when he doesn't score goals the team suffers for having him in it.
Either play him behind the striker, as a second striker or not at all.
@bizzaro

Love it. I thought he was fantastic today as a midfielder in a 4-3-3 alongside Besic and Barry, he defended well and played loads of good positive passes forward. Had Lukaku been a bit sharper in front of goal he could have had 2-3 assists today.

That said, I don't think he should play that role against the sh1te, they'll press to win the ball in midfield, and Naismith is dependent on winning fouls since his hold-up play isn't that great.

Call me crazy, but I actually think we should bench Mirallas for the derby (and keep Barkley on the bench) if McCarthy is fit. Play Besic, McCarthy, and Barry in midfield with Naismith, Lukaku, and McGeady mixing it up at the top of the pitch. Then we'll have Mirallas and Barkley ready to bring on in the second half against tired legs.

The thought of somebody so lacking in quality representing us for another five years just makes me feel awful to be honest. A truly awful player fans all blinded by his fluke start to the season.

Love it. I thought he was fantastic today as a midfielder in a 4-3-3 alongside Besic and Barry, he defended well and played loads of good positive passes forward. Had Lukaku been a bit sharper in front of goal he could have had 2-3 assists today.

That said, I don't think he should play that role against the sh1te, they'll press to win the ball in midfield, and Naismith is dependent on winning fouls since his hold-up play isn't that great.

Call me crazy, but I actually think we should bench Mirallas for the derby (and keep Barkley on the bench) if McCarthy is fit. Play Besic, McCarthy, and Barry in midfield with Naismith, Lukaku, and McGeady mixing it up at the top of the pitch. Then we'll have Mirallas and Barkley ready to bring on in the second half against tired legs.

was awful today, just a footballer it is impossible to enjoy watching, looks to play the man not the ball, which is just as well because he is dreadful with the round thing

So which one was it lads?????

LeftCloseChipmunk.gif

ClearImpartialIndianglassfish.gif

His style reminds me of Dirk Kuyt. Non stop running but does everything too hastily when looking to do anything incisive.

Mirallas is usually our best player against them so yeah, that's pretty mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.