My lads first game tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

penev10

Player Valuation: £5m
It's my 9 year old son's first visit to Goodison tomorrow. He's been looking forward to this for ever, it was what he asked for for Xmas and all.

Any ideas or advice on things that'd make it an even better occasion? (aside from a 5-0 win!)

A photo with Dixie is obviously on the cards but other stuff like that. I was going to bring him to see Ruperts tower but it'll be dark by the time we land.

It's my 9 year old son's first visit to Goodison tomorrow. He's been looking forward to this for ever, it was what he asked for for Xmas and all.

Any ideas or advice on things that'd make it an even better occasion? (aside from a 5-0 win!)

A photo with Dixie is obviously on the cards but other stuff like that. I was going to bring him to see Ruperts tower but it'll be dark by the time we land.

Don't forget a programme/pin badge!

....lovely that. Rupert Tower probably a bit out the way, dare say you'll go the shop etc. sharing the goosebumps of Z Cars with your kids is priceless. Hope it's a great day for you both.

Make sure he doesn't forget to shout "F off Osman" or "F off McGeady" at some point. A right of passage for any young blue that.

Make sure he doesn't forget to shout "F off Osman" or "F off McGeady" at some point. A right of passage for any young blue that.
Will have to be all responsible Dad and keep to "Drat, we've conceded" etc. Charles Charlie Charles stuff.

We're in the Lower Bullins btw, haven't been there before.

If you're there early enough you can take him to watch the players turning up in their cars, they sign a few autographs and since it's a night match you'll have a better chance of getting a spot at the front.

Hope we get a win for him.

Just look at his face when he sees the pitch. he will be grinning from ear to ear

as you walk up Goodison Rd with the wee scamp, poke him full force right in the eye. Then inform him he has to get used to the pain associated with Everton, it will be a regular thing as he grows older, best get him acquainted to it early.

Other than that have an absolute ball of a day. Hope they bother turning up for him.

;)

Last edited:

Hope he has a fantastic evening mate, plus for you personally it's just a boss feeling taking your son to his first match,very proud moment as you pass the baton on. For me this is what I done -

Got there early, walk around the ground. Programme, scarf, hat and badge all purchased. Portion of chips and then wait for the players to arrive. Get a couple of pics with them and then get him in the ground early because at that age he will have a million questions to ask you. Remember, walking into Goodison is like opening the gates of heaven. Hopefully Everton will absolutely smash them which will just reaffirm what he's always known, that his dad is the best dad in the world and how clever you both are being Evertonians. Walk home/back to the car and enjoy the moment of knowing you have done a quality deed and implanted in his youthful heart and soul the absolute love that it is to support Everton football club. 4-1 to the boys in Blue tomorrow to welcome him into the Everton family COYB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.