My lads first game tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he and you have a great night

My first game was against WBA as well...5th Nov 1960... hope we have a better result, 1-1 draw and we had to get an OG for that, not that I remembered that from then, I had to check, tbh it's all a bit of a blur now, but I remember the overall effect...mind blowing.

Cheers for all the info lads.

What time do the players arrive? And where?

Have always arrived just in the nick of time for matches so have no clue.

Look to the right when you're facing Dixie's statue, the players car park's about 50 yards away surrounded by railings. Couple of hours before is normally early enough to catch most of em. Even if you can't get near enough for photos/autographs you can stick him up on your shoulders so he can see them.

I hope you have a great evening together mate! my first was a 2-0 loss so a win tonight would be even better.

I'd get your lad a scarf to keep the memory of it alive. thats my plan for when my lad first goes, get him his own scarf to keep as a reminder of his first game.

Scarf, hat, pin badge, programme, park end players arrival, then a hot dog or pie, in between hopefully a solid performance and win...!

Magic. Good luck mate.

What's the forecast like? This has Ric Wee written all over it.

Hope the lads turn it on for you and the young fella mate!
I've been thinking that since I first booked it. Monday night game in Jan! Its to be -1 but hopefully the salt/grit spreading machines are already out in Liverpool.

I've already had one setback with the game moved from the Saturday having booked flights!

I was going to bring him to see Ruperts tower but it'll be dark by the time we land.

The tower is even better when it's dark mate, they shine a blue light on it and it looks even more majestic! Whatever you end up doing just enjoy it and know you're a great dad by raising your lad as a blue.

Make sure he has a wee before the game, and don't give him anything to drink. I can recall having terrible stage fright in the Upper Bullens toilets and being unable to wee as hundreds of impatient blokes stand inches behind you scowling at you.

^ I would agree with this, and not just because I hate the toilets at Goodison.

I hope he enjoys his first game, anyway. Mine was against Aston Villa in 1996 and it was one of the only times I've seen us win.

Status
Not open for further replies.