MSP Sports Capital

Where are you getting the thinking of debt against the club?
The BBC article

Where it says

“MSP is believed to be looking for a 25% stake with a preferential share structure, not equity in the club, so would be paid back in interest.”

So, a kind of debt to be paid back, but secured with a stake in the club until paid off? I’m no expert on this by the way, but that’s what it seems like to the layman

The BBC article

Where it says

“MSP is believed to be looking for a 25% stake with a preferential share structure, not equity in the club, so would be paid back in interest.”

So, a kind of debt to be paid back, but secured with a stake in the club until paid off? I’m no expert on this by the way, but that’s what it seems like to the layman

Yes got you mate, sorry I missed that.

They are not leveraging debt for the purchase though. They are essentially using the equity stake, to be used directly for stadium finding. It also allows them to back out of owning if they want to, or if the stadium is built to convert to equity at what will be a lower price.

We probably have to accept that Farhad is not ready to let go of the club. It’s unfortunate but not much we can do. Can MSP help us in any way shape or form? Maybe they help us get some absurd sponsor deal? All I know is somebody needs to take the decision-making out of Farhad’s hands but is he willing to let a minority shareholder do that? If MSP can’t generate funds for the club in some way to stop the bleeding of FFP then we might as well not even bother.

Yes got you mate, sorry I missed that.

They are not leveraging debt for the purchase though. They are essentially using the equity stake, to be used directly for stadium finding. It also allows them to back out of owning if they want to, or if the stadium is built to convert to equity at what will be a lower price.
How do you know their money isn’t leveraged against the club?
Dave Blitzer of MSP is notorious for leveraged debt.

Never assume it isn’t leveraged debt unless you have CAST IRON guarantees. Until we have that I will doubt them to the hilt.