Moysiah or a very naughty boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get and appreciate you trying to turn this into something positive but v chel / spurs / city they wer all nail biters not free flowing football and on paper we r semi finalists but gaurannteed whoever talk boutthis game will have nothin positive to say bout our performance today

v Chelsea/Spurs/City we deliberately played to nick a goal and sit on it because that was our only hope. Today Liverpool didn't come out of their shell until the second half and we didn't know whether to stick or twist after our goal. We played like early-season Everton. We passed it round quite well without really penetrating them and we gave away stupid goals. We need to put it behind us and quickly get back to the brand of football that we have been playing to get us into our current position.

v Chelsea/Spurs/City we deliberately played to nick a goal and sit on it because that was our only hope. Today Liverpool didn't come out of their shell until the second half and we didn't know whether to stick or twist after our goal. We played like early-season Everton. We passed it round quite well without really penetrating them and we gave away stupid goals. We need to put it behind us and quickly get back to the brand of football that we have been playing to get us into our current position.
When we play we are a match for anybody but ultimately it's moyes who dictates how we play

who would have thought osman on the wing would fail???

Osman seemed to have a free role for large parts of the game today. I thought he was one of our better players, which wasn't difficult.

On the other side Baines wasn't his usual self at all. Possibly because Gueye was utter muck.

Players were poor today and lethargic in patches. But that match was lost by Moyes again today. Players are not going to put their hands up like Cahill, Osman and Gueye and say I am not in this game, take me off. Moyes put Fellaini up front and leaves Cahill in midfield? Jelavic was our only decent forward player to day and was left completely alone most of the match. We had no pace or outball when then game was crying out for Roy. Moyes has a complex with Liverpool, always will. Even reds admit it their worst squad in years and they have beaten us 3 times this season. Salven Billic hopefully with be here next season after the Euros, Moyes thank you but we have had enough.

When we play we are a match for anybody but ultimately it's moyes who dictates how we play

It surprised me that we didn't seem to have a gameplan today. I thought Moyes might have made the Coleman change at half-time and then invited them on to us so that we couldn't hopefully counter and get the second. He seemed to delay and delay it though. It was quite puzzling that he was going to bring Hibbert on too and that he took Baines off. The manager didn't have one of his better days.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we will win nothing under Moyes. He does not have the mentally that will win you a trophy. Especially in knock out competitions.

No risk, no reward. Moyes will simply never take a risk and the worst thing happened by us going in front. Just as it did in Moyes's last biggest game (the Chelsea final) we sat back and got what we deserved: nothing.

Another disappointing season now already over. Even finishing above the ****e is no consolation to losing to them 3 ****ing times.

I saw Kenwright being interviewed by ESPN before the game in his usual smug boys' pen fashion.

There was no sign of him afterwards. Of course.

Moyes's tactics today were awful, trying to defend a one goal lead, defending too deep, leaving Jelly isolated. I agree he lost the game psychologically beforehand.

Today was his failure and I just dont understand why we can play so well the last three games then revert to this dross against our biggest rivals.

But the real issue remains Kenwright who has set a yardstick of failure at every level of our club. The only criteria that matters to him is that he remains Chairman. Everton need an massive overhaul and it must start with Kenwright shipping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.