Moyes wants Sparky's Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Sisland

Player Valuation: £5m
According to trhe Guardian's Rumour Mill:

David Moyes has decided he can resist everything except temptation and Manchester City's perma-knacked whizzkid midfielder Michael Johnson, available for a nominal fee and comes with two weeks' supply of Savlon and tubular bandages.

Wikipedia mentions that he was valued at £12m not so long ago. Hardly nominal then.

He's certainly a decent talent although nowhere near as good as the hype would suggest. I'd take him on loan, we need as many options as possible.

Is he still injured? If that's the case then I don't see the point to be honest.

He's always wanted him but the fact we've ne'cash and the fact the lads english is going to want £8-10mill as a kick off price.

Unless Citeh are feeling generous being that they dont need the money, £6mill would be a good price if they want rid.

He's not injured anymore, he's coming back into full fitness, which is why the transfer talk has popped back up. Hughes hasnt been playing him with Ireland/Elano/Fernandes etc all playing over him.

I dont know much about his injuries though - are they bad ones are just
niggles and knocks rather than Vaughan-style season enders?

He's a super player but does have injury problems. On loan though it's well worth it. Might be a few more kids from City available shortly if Hughes blows cash on imports.

He has the potential to be a superb player. But so does Vaughen. Its he concistent injurys that worry me. Could be worth a pop.

He has the potential to be a superb player. But so does Vaughen. Its he concistent injurys that worry me. Could be worth a pop.

£6mill would be a good price IMO. Even if he has niggling injuries he'll had some more quality to the squad as well as depth, and he's young too. I dont think Moyes would play him all the time when we've got Fellaini, Osman, Arteta and Cahill so his injuries wouldnt be too much of a problem IMO.

Again the injuries arent career threatening but could still be a slight gamble.

6 million?

I'm not too sure to be honest, I'd like to see him play a full season before we spend anything like 6 million on him or even think about it.

He'd had about 8 good games, got injured, came back and looked poor. He's only started around 25 games in his whole career. He's very raw and inexperienced.

He's also big headed, it's well known to City fans that the fame got to his head. He's supposedly out on the town alot, thinks he's a big shot.

Nowhere near as good as people make out, far from the next Steven Gerrard.

Im a big fan of the kids, he would be immense for us. I think players his age are always prone to picking up the types opf injuries he has when their coming into the game and being over used.

I dont think it will happen though as i dont beleive we have the sponds and didnt he sign a new five year contract with City about three months ago.

What pisses me off, its another player we brought through are ranks an let go. Just like Jags, baines, Barton, rooney etc,etc

Rooney was a different kettle of fish. He was retained. But who's the numpty assessing young players and letting them go? Andy Holden? Does Moyes (and did Smith) have a hand in this? It's a major embarrassment, that's for sure.

Rooney was a different kettle of fish. He was retained. But who's the numpty assessing young players and letting them go? Andy Holden? Does Moyes (and did Smith) have a hand in this? It's a major embarrassment, that's for sure.

Which kid has gone on to bigger and better things (Fat Manc aside?) Answer No-one

Isnt this all Smith legacey, he pulled the youth team no? Letting Jags, Barton and Baines go. I beleive Johnson was on Moyesys watch i think he signed for City's academy after being a school boy with us.

Last edited:
What pisses me off, its another player we brought through are ranks an let go. Just like Jags, baines, Barton, rooney etc,etc

Is he? Didnt know that.

As for the £6mill price tag. Take into account he's rated at Citeh (I think) he signed a contract last year, he's young and English. You always add an extra £2-3mill on top of a "rated" player because he's English, just happens to be like that. We wont get him him for 2 bob put it that way. And its a future investment like Fellaini was.

Status
Not open for further replies.