Moyes to sign new 3yr deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
still waiting for this one, im not fussed anymore if he walks, i cant help thing a change of manager would freshen the place up.

Where is he going to go? No-one supposedly better than us will touch him.

He'll be at Everton for some time yet. Think though, will be massive when he does leave

There's more than 20 jobs in the world. The general opinion, thought not mine, is that english football has a glass ceiling and if you want to win trophies or play in the CL you need to either have more money than god or be employed by one of the big boys.

But the same can't be said of any other league in europe where teams from outside the established top clubs still challenge at the top on relatively modest budgets (eg. Udinese, Wolfsburg, Montpellier and Malaga). If Moyes buys into the idea that his inability to break that glass ceiling has been due to the state of english football than an everton sized club in one of the other four big leagues would be more attractive.

There's more than 20 jobs in the world. The general opinion, thought not mine, is that english football has a glass ceiling and if you want to win trophies or play in the CL you need to either have more money than god or be employed by one of the big boys.

But the same can't be said of any other league in europe where teams from outside the established top clubs have challenged at the top (Udinese, Wolfsburg, Montpellier, Malaga). If Moyes buys into the idea that his inability to break that glass ceiling has been due to the state of english football than an everton sized club in one of the other four big leagues would be more attractive.

I see your point, but he has an attachment with us. I honestly think only job he'd leave us for is United. Maybe wrong like, but I think he'l be with us a while longer

Anyone that dreads the day Moyes leaves needs their f*cking head checking.

Won [Poor language removed] all in ten years and he's on an astronomical wage, how those two make any business sense is beyond me.

Anyone that dreads the day Moyes leaves needs their f*cking head checking.

Won [Poor language removed] all in ten years and he's on an astronomical wage, how those two make any business sense is beyond me.

Whatever your opinion, it'l still be massive when he leaves

Whatever your opinion, it'l still be massive when he leaves

Of course it will be, ten years in a job in todays' climate is a massive achievement.

Let's not have "having a go" and "taking part that counts" as Evertons' new motto though...

I dread the day he leaves, like. The odds of someone coming in and handling the financial situation better are not on our side. Like it or not, that's the number one issue when we replace him. Not whether they'll sh*t it in derbies or not.

I dread the day he leaves, like. The odds of someone coming in and handling the financial situation better are not on our side. Like it or not, that's the number one issue when we replace him. Not whether they'll sh*t it in derbies or not.

They won't need to be as good in the transfer market as Moyes was though because they'll be inheriting a much better side.

always loved gus poyet as a player, he's doing a cracking job atm at brighton. martinez would be a half decent shout but i reckon this would be too bigger job for him. can't think of too many candidates atm. ah well, wait till the end of the season, we're playing beautiful football under moyes atm

They won't need to be as good in the transfer market as Moyes was though because they'll be inheriting a much better side.

pretty much this, moyes has done an amazing job looking at the players we had when he started but he just has not taken us on to the next level. obviously finances has been a major factor, but he has been a tad tentative, we've only really thrashed a couple of teams in his long tenure and he's never actually beaten any of the top 4 away, whilst they've been the top 4. in 10 years that's pretty bad. will obviously be sad when he eventually goes, he's been great for this club, but i won't be drowning my sorrows

Status
Not open for further replies.