Moyes Though ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphie Boy

Player Valuation: £8m
I was not a great Moyes supporter and never wanted him (or Martinez) as our manager, but given our current position do you think Moyes with the same squad we have do a better job than Martinez? That is to say halt the pathetic goals we are leaking but still playing some of the positive stuff we have been doing.

And if not who?

Everyone is cry arseing about Bobby but not one person on here has yet come up with a viable, realistic replacement. I asked yesterday whether Brendan Rodgers would be an option.... thread was immediately shut down. I understand why ... to a point.... but at least it was a reasonable, realistic ( in a "he's available" way ) , option. Somebody please give me another option ??? Moyes ??? been there done that.

Everyone is cry arseing about Bobby but not one person on here has yet come up with a viable, realistic replacement. I asked yesterday whether Brendan Rodgers would be an option.... thread was immediately shut down. I understand why ... to a point.... but at least it was a reasonable, realistic ( in a "he's available" way ) , option. Somebody please give me another option ??? Moyes ??? been there done that.

I did mention AVB in the Martinez thread, leaving Zenit at the end of the season.

At present, Everton would only be an attractive proposition for an aspiring younger Manager in the Eddie Howe or Gary Rowett mould. People thinking we could attract bigger names from the European stage are in dreamland until/unless major investment is incoming.

In an ideal world and Moyes-Martinez managerial team would be superb, think we'd see something similar to what we seen in RM first season, neither will accept that like.

But if Martinez goes Moyes isnt the answer.

No, Moyes was good for us for a long time but he'd stagnated by the end. We were by no means playing horrid football, but I'd rather watch us now - it's more exciting at least!

Martinez has a lot of qualities, but unfortunately, bar his 1st season with us, it has to be said that defensively he is just not up to the job. Personally, feel we need a bit of fresh blood in the coaching department/behind the scenes, more than a new manager.

Peter Reid would be my choice to draft in as a former ex player (as Martinez did with HK (RIP), JR and Ferguson) to instil a bit more bite into our set-up. He also needs to realise that his stubborness is costing us dear in regards to Howard - who is now hated by the fans unanimously and is not trusted by his teammates - and his insistence of sticking with a style of play that doesn't work at this level (e.g. playing around at the back, rather than playing our football further up the pitch).

If he were to leave, which I don't think he should or will, then it has to be this summer for me, and I'd go for Flores from Watford, who has the defensive side of the game down to a tee.

However, Martinez has done a lot of good for this club, and that shouldn't be forgotten. COYB!

No way would I want Moyes back.

Would he do better with this squad than Martinez? I honestly don't believe so. He may have us conceding less but we certainly wouldn't be scoring as many. With Moyes at the helm I reckon we'd still be around where we are now but not having gotten as far in the League cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.