Moyes - Success or Failure

Moyes, Where do you stand with him?

• Final season to achieve something.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Should never be allowed to leave, regardless.

Votes: 35 64.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No sane fan is saying Moyes is untouchable, so please stop perpetuating that myth.

The man has shown he's a million miles from perfect, but it's a two-way street. Everton Football Club is considerably better off thanks to Moyes.

Well because that option is almost like saying, shove your head in the sand or paper over the cracks. Success or failure, there is no inbetween that I am interested in, not after 9 years at the job.

Ok then.

Success.

If he hadn't taken over, we'd have been a dead certainty for relegation. You can bank on that one.

Seriously, we'd have been Nottingham Forest mk II. Club with a great history still battling to get back to the top division.

For what David Moyes has done this club is beyond what any other manager we could have signed at that time could have done, in my opinion. Therefore I believe we have to support him, to a large extent. As supporters, who look for what's best for the club, we always have to analyse our players/managers performances, and after 6/7 years of making near enough the same place in the league, people start to question whether moving sideways is the only thing possible for Moyes. Putting the finances he has been given into comparison to the financial environment, that in my eyes is more than acceptable. Give him the finances Benitez had in his 6/7 year spell, and we will be fighting for the title!
MOYES IS A LEGEND.

Moyes is a legend! he has done me proud am happy with what he has done to the club and think better times are to come :D

Last edited:
I'm just looking forward to the next "The Future looks bright" thread created by Ghost after our next win.

Deary deary me, so we get rid of Moyes, what do you seriously suggest we get in to replace him? Some of our fans defo becoming a mix of Geordies & Kopites here, disappointing, i thought we as Evertonian's we're better than that.

Moyes isn't exempt from criticism, so get that out your heads that is what we think. I criticised him monday night for not going for it more and keeping Heitinga on the pitch. But to say we're going backwards is laughable. So we draw at Sunderland who we expect to beat - hang on, Sunderland spent £25m this summer, has Moyes had that? No! They have more resources and we still drew with them, possibly should of won.

Oh well guess what, that is just the way the league is, teams have more resources now and Moyes is still keeping us in touch. Get a grip, you'l be all creaming over us again when we start winning games. Suppose it comes with the territory of being a football fan, we get pi$$ed off and react to it, but be careful what you wish for, an Everton without Moyes is a worrying thought. Why? We won't get someone of his calibre or better in, they won't have a bean to spend so they won't come. Laughable Owen Coyle is mentioned as a possible replacement, what because he has had a decent run? Get real and realise we are lucky to have what we have got at Everton.

Isnt it true moyes has spent an average of £5m a season on players since he arrived (allowing for sales). On that basis what would you say he had to do to be called succesful? Stay in the prem? Well he seems to manage that blinfolded. What else? Oh yeah we havent qualified for the champions league yet so he must be [Poor language removed]. Best to sack him now and bring someone else in who will remind us how good moyes was when we're playing away at s****horpe!

To be fair how much longer can he do a good job without any more investment. There must be a point where he feels personally he has done as much as he can.
I think if he leaves , it will be his choice.

What a joke of a thread- Titled, 'Moyes Success or failiure' and then a Poll of 'Moyes, Where do you stand with him?' obvious options would be 1) Success 2) failiure but no we have the

Final season to achieve something
Should never be allowed to leave, regardless.

What???? Seems like a 9 year old thought out this thread so Im leaving well alone.

I'm just looking forward to the next "The Future looks bright" thread created by Ghost after our next win.

Deary deary me, so we get rid of Moyes, what do you seriously suggest we get in to replace him? Some of our fans defo becoming a mix of Geordies & Kopites here, disappointing, i thought we as Evertonian's we're better than that.

Moyes isn't exempt from criticism, so get that out your heads that is what we think. I criticised him monday night for not going for it more and keeping Heitinga on the pitch. But to say we're going backwards is laughable. So we draw at Sunderland who we expect to beat - hang on, Sunderland spent £25m this summer, has Moyes had that? No! They have more resources and we still drew with them, possibly should of won.

Oh well guess what, that is just the way the league is, teams have more resources now and Moyes is still keeping us in touch. Get a grip, you'l be all creaming over us again when we start winning games. Suppose it comes with the territory of being a football fan, we get pi$$ed off and react to it, but be careful what you wish for, an Everton without Moyes is a worrying thought. Why? We won't get someone of his calibre or better in, they won't have a bean to spend so they won't come. Laughable Owen Coyle is mentioned as a possible replacement, what because he has had a decent run? Get real and realise we are lucky to have what we have got at Everton.

An' me , kid . Im gonna call you this weekend , W .

For what David Moyes has done this club is beyond what any other manager we could have signed at that time could have done, in my opinion. Therefore I believe we have to support him, to a large extent. As supporters, who look for what's best for the club, we always have to analyse our players/managers performances, and after 6/7 years of making near enough the same place in the league, people start to question whether moving sideways is the only thing possible for Moyes. Putting the finances he has been given into comparison to the financial environment, that in my eyes is more than acceptable. Give him the finances Benitez had in his 6/7 year spell, and we will be fighting for the title!
MOYES IS A LEGEND.

THIS one , too , Nephew .

Disappointed that Moyes is not performing the level we all know he has the potential to reach.

Yes I know he brought us out of the relegation dogfights that Walter Smith gave us, but then Walter Smith wasn't that bad a manager, just had a bad chairman for most of his tenure.

David Moyes has for me had long enough to show something for his time here. I know there are many who will always say he is god, and that he is beyond criticism. But sometimes you just have to try something different.

Many people on this forum who I respect and Evertonians I know outside of forum life who's opinions I also respect are starting to lean towards a change.

The poll is there, where do you stand?

You're expecting too much Ghost, all the time.

Modern football is a hit and miss rollercoaster.

We both love the club and feel they should adhere to the motto, as does every Evertonian.

Everton fans are 50/50 split on Moyes, you could guess that easily.

But all this?? What are you hoping for mate? 2 poor options to choose from, no wonder Chico sat on the fence....he came to keep me company and share pastie recipes developed by GOTLabs....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.