Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lids, if 3-4-3 didn't work when done correctly no professional manager in the world would do it.

It is a fact that he had not done coreectly that's why he took his team down. If you were conceding goals match after match, why shouldn't he change the formation? That is worrying.

Kenny-Dalglish-Liverpool--007.jpg

touche

It is a fact that he had not done coreectly that's why he took his team down. If you were conceding goals match after match, why shouldn't he change the formation? That is worrying.

if you can't afford good defenders it doesn't really matter what formation you play, you will concede goals

I've watched them a lot too, and they don't always play 3 at the back. He played 4-3-3 at Swansea, and has played it at Wigan too, so what makes you think he won't use it at Everton?

As I said earlier in the thread, our squad could play both 3-4-3 (3-5-1-1 really) and 4-3-3 quite easily, both formations have their merits.

No point to talk about Swansea. It's 4 seasons ago.

We shall leave it here.

Ill be surprised if he comes in and turns us into a 3 back, be very surprised.
Our back four is very very strong, he'd be an idiot to even think about changing it IMO. You can play boss football whilst still playing 4 at the back.

Wouldn't worry too much about it mate. Why would your rugby team hire a football manager anyway?

BTW get used to the word "down" and "Stoke" in the same sentence.

Banter.

Now ... where is my Martinez on a horse picture?

Coat with the collar up ... get used to it:

Although you have put it rather insultingly, this is my point...

Martinez wouldn't suit us at all, and would get us relegated if he tried to play 'proper football' with the players we've got.

Mark Hughes won't be an inspiring appointment for us, but I would feel safer in his hands rather than Martinez's given the squad we've got

If Martinez were to bring his '3-4-3' formation here, it'd probably look like this:

everton-possession.jpg

What is wrong with that? Is it a suicidal formation? No. Looks perfectly reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.