Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if it does go internal we're all just speculating who's first in the queue, there's been nothing substantial said from the club to suggest that Stubbs for example has more chance of getting the job over Steve Round (i'm ignoring the betting market) so is it simply makebelieve ITK stories about Stubbs that have elevated him to the most likely internal appointment??

As for Round going to UTD, Moyes may want him to go but if Kenwright bends his ear and says that he wants him to take the everton job then you'd expect he'd take it, so I dont think the Utd link is that relevant at the moment
I'm distinguishing between Stubbs and Weir purely on the basis of what DAVIDMOYES came on and said.

I resent that. Please don't place me in that category. I'm not offering ITK info or anything like it...never claimed to have. The clues are all there though as said. The heavy emphasis on internal appointments from the outset and continuity; the interviews restricted to internals; the slow reduction of those down to pretty much two with Weir and Stubbs; the signing of Osman before he got off on holiday; the continued presence of Moyes about the club to hand over in a seamless change (no way would he be hanging around for a new team to step in, imo). As soon as Martinez signs for another club I think we'll see the end of this charade and Weir will be presented as the *logical continuity* appointment....the feller looking to be Falkirk's manager back in March. Amazing and at the same time predictable by a clueless board of directors like Everton's who are both skint and terrified to be led by the nose into handing over the keys to the manager's office to Alan Stubbs assistant with the U21s. But that's Kenwright's Everton for you all over: pathetic.

If they miss out on their preferred external choices not the fans choice then the Everton PR media machine are going to go through hell as they create a human firewall between themselves and the club owner.

If they miss out on their preferred external choices not the fans choice then the Everton PR media machine are going to go through hell as they create a human firewall between themselves and the club owner.
I think you underestimate the ability of the vast majority of Evertonians to continue to swallow the propaganda mate. In reality they wont have to do much - "he's an ex-blue...we only ever win trophies with ex-blues as managers....Moyes backs him to keep us progressing yada yada yada"...and it'll be swallowed hook line and sinker.

This thread had got off to a bad start again, discussing names such as Weir, Stubbs and Neville. Depressing. I wish I could stay away from this thread. Can we write an email to Bill with all our signatures saying we don't want internal before it to late.

We all know sweet FA about how this recruitment search is being handled. But, I'm willing to bet my mortgage that we'd be better off with Mr Testicles handling it.

Looking at the wedge Moyes was on, we could have Martinez, or Perreira right now if we had the balls to make a decision. Stubbbs would be a catastrophic decision, Neville not much better (good pro, good timekeeper, mediocre in though and deed). Weir I could just about tolerate as someone who can string together lucid thoughts about football unlike Stubbs, and someone who hates losing.

When is the deadline for Martinez ending? That was around 16:00 right?

*stops F5'ing Twitter & this thread*

Earlier than that I think. Around 2pm, tho its probably a moving target. On Talksh*te yesterday whelan said he needed to know from Martinez by today because Wigan need to get moving on transfer/contract targets for life in the championship el pronto

Status
Not open for further replies.