Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are they mate and how many of them are we above ?

Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea. We are currently above Liverpool. I think to say, that 6th is a "minimum" expectation is ludicrous.

I get what you are saying about Kendall. But for a lot of people their only experiecne of Kendall was an utter embaressment. Relying on other teams to keep us up on the final day of seasons. Alcohol in the drinks bottles. No away wins in a year. The vindictive way he spoke about Speed in his death. etc.

When Kendall managed Everton with a relative budget to what Moyes has had, he had to rely on another side to keep us up.
I sense now Moyes has a budget, he will win a lot more than Kendall ever did.

Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea. We are currently above Liverpool. I think to say, that 6th is a "minimum" expectation is ludicrous.

I get what you are saying about Kendall. But for a lot of people their only experiecne of Kendall was an utter embaressment. Relying on other teams to keep us up on the final day of seasons. Alcohol in the drinks bottles. No away wins in a year. The vindictive way he spoke about Speed in his death. etc.

When Kendall managed Everton with a relative budget to what Moyes has had, he had to rely on another side to keep us up.
I sense now Moyes has a budget, he will win a lot more than Kendall ever did.

I haven't said its a minimum expectation but the fact that 5 of those 6 teams are above it doesn't massively effect my thoughts. Moyes has done well but because he is now at one of the richest clubs in the world IF he wins more than Howard it makes him a better everton manager it doesn't make sense to me. How much did Kendall pay for Peter Reid or Kevin sheedy ?

I'll judge moyes as everton manager on his time as everton manager and he's done well but Howard Kendall is our most succesful manager ever and until someone passes him in terms of his trophies I'm not sure he deserves to be usurped from that position.

Can the people going on about Martinez get a few facts straight. 1 for all of this "he only got relegated because of lack of funds". The idea that with our superior funds, it would not be a problem. The simple truth is, our wage bill is a lot closer to Wigans, than to Spurs', (never mind Liverpool, Arsenal etc).
Secondly when asked if wnning the FA cup would cover up a poor league performance, Martinez himself said that cup success would not make up for "not meeting their targets in the league". This season has been an abject failure from him, as you are judged on league performance.
The fact he has managed to finish below the might Steve Bruce, and Paul Jewel should set the alarm bells ringing. I am always very nervous when a manager is said to "play attacking football" as normally it is a justification deficiencies in other areas. You can't measure "good football", it is subjective. We can measure league perfomance, and Martinez has been disastrous this season.
Also, this attacking football doesn't suffice. They have scored less goals than us this season. Don't confuse an inability to defend with playing attacking football. I have never seen Wigan play, anything close to how we played against West Ham on Saturday.
We are Everton for christ sake. We do not, and should not appoint someone who has just relegated a team. Is that how low fans expectations have sunk under this board? That because he played "attacking football" and he beat an off colour City side (and the Mighty Millwall in the semi's) that we are now going to accept Relegation Man as a good appointment? 15 years Kenwright have had it's impact by the looks of things.

People do rubbish Howard mate , little sly digs about drinking and people also talk of moyes as 'our best ever' . I think it's only fair to give moyes the time at united to see how he does and the same for our new manager . The next couple of season will certainly show us how much talent he really had at the 'very top ' level and for our new bloke whether moyes can ever be replaced.

The way it's happened though with him moving on and us not wrbe got blues acting like jilted boyfriends looking back through old photos , listening to ansaphone messages and telling everyone how "no one will ever be as good as Davy, without him I'm nothing " . Its Just all a bit maudlin for me that's all .

Well said pal. People do say sly things about Kendall and believe me, there will be life after David Moyes, who in his own right, was a great manager for us. But Everton FC wont go to pot without him, Moyesy as made sure of that with the backroom staff and players in place that we have.

We could be a really good job for anybody to take on who as the necessary experience!.

I haven't said its a minimum expectation but the fact that 5 of those 6 teams are above it doesn't massively effect my thoughts. Moyes has done well but because he is now at one of the richest clubs in the world IF he wins more than Howard it makes him a better everton manager it doesn't make sense to me. How much did Kendall pay for Peter Reid or Kevin sheedy ?

I'll judge moyes as everton manager on his time as everton manager and he's done well but Howard Kendall is our most succesful manager ever and until someone passes him in terms of his trophies I'm not sure he deserves to be usurped from that position.

Kendall does deserve that respect. He picked up some players cheaply, but broke transfer records to sign others like lineker. (can you imagine Moyes being able to beat off competition from the richest clubs now). We were not outspent by sides 3-4 times over under Kendall.

The point about Moyes, is simply that he will be judged on his performance at Manchester United. He may not become a more successful Everton manager than kendall, but he has a great chance of eclipsing his achievements as a manager. Some Evertonians view, is prety dumb. If he wins trophies at Manchester United no doubt it will show some mythical "winning mentality". In truth it has nothing to do with that, he will have better players, due to better resources, so will eventually win more trophies.

I know you didn't say 6th as minimum, someone else did. That is what my comment relates too.

Why do we have to be Moyes FC if we carry on and try and build on what he has done for us???

People are acting like small children over this. Moyes has gone boo whooo...doesn't mean out of principle his work can't be built on!!

Did you read any of my posts before writing that garbage.

I think all of us want someone to come in an take us further, Moyes has given a great foundation now we need to go forward. You've just stated the blind obvious.

Just quickly, if we were convinced of anyone 'matching moyes league form' then they'd be hired and tucked into their new finch farm office already. They conceded 70 goals because of terrible luck with injuries to their defence and that Wigan are full of shoite players, same as any club that size that finds itself in the prem.

Would he get relegated with this current side? plus he has a good eye for a player and imagine him being told, when you find a good player, you can actually keep him.

I hope your faith is correct. But I'm just reminded how the likes of Paul Jewell and Steve Bruce placed their Wigan sides better in the league than Martinez ever managed.

There's so many reasons why Martinez is a strong candidate and I really haven't seen any well thought out reasons against him.

You really don't count getting his side relegated with one game to spare as not a thought-out reason against him?

Vindictive?when?
His budget both wages and players that year was cock all, in fact if memory serves he brought in a profit that year.

I hope your faith is correct. But I'm just reminded how the likes of Paul Jewell and Steve Bruce placed their Wigan sides better in the league than Martinez ever managed.

You really don't count getting his side relegated with one game to spare as not a thought-out reason against him?

Relegation isnt an argument against. Klopp was relegated with Mainz, proper bad manager that Klopp.

Relegation isnt an argument against. Klopp was relegated with Mainz, proper bad manager that Klopp.

so did wenger , joe Royle , clough to name a couple . I understand the worries with Martinez because I've it them myself but to dismiss a manager because he's relegated seems foolish. Is not getting promoted worse than relegation or better because moyes missed out. If he'd come up and gone would that mean he should never get our job , it's all about fine margins & timing .

so did wenger , joe Royle , clough to name a couple . I understand the worries with Martinez because I've it them myself but to dismiss a manager because he's relegated seems foolish. Is not getting promoted worse than relegation or better because moyes missed out. If he'd come up and gone would that mean he should never get our job , it's all about fine margins & timing .

Definitely Sheeds. Think Martinez has his weaknesses and i too have my reasons why he isnt my first choice, but getting relegated isnt one of them.

Fairy muff, lads...hope you're right because I can see him coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.