Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it won't be announced until Moyes officaially leaves - July 1st....jeez another month of this....ffs

Nah, it'll be this week. If I was having money on it, I'd say Weds at the latest. I'm certain that it's just haggling over the fee & sorting out his contract now.

I seriously question some of the 'Everton Supporters' on this forum, how they can spend so many hours talking absolute complete and utter garbage about potential managers and then call one of their own a Kopite beggars belief.

For crying out loud Moyes was a no mark employed from Preston North End, can you imagine the level of melt down that would have happened 11 years ago if there had been an Internet forum, Twitter and Facebook available?

I reiterate, you're all a bunch of blerts, Kenwright will appoint who Kenwright wants, speculate if you wish, express opinions about potential managers but don't put yourselves through this self torture, it's really not worth it.

Oh and if you were brave enough or had convictions in your feelings you'd have the guts to put your names to the negative reputation remarks, especially the 'kopite' ones, cowards.

There's nothing wrong with trying to expose the kopites on here. Some you get right, some you don't. It's part of the game
on footy forums.

Surely our announcement hasn't been postponed so it isn't overshadowed by Mourinho's return, which has just been announced?

Right I've gone round and round on these many times. Maybe its the sense of an impending appointment but I've had a late dramatic turn against Martinez. I've no problem with him coming from a small club.

My problem is he has come off getting battered every second week for three or four years. I accept that Wigan's wages and transfer spending is very modest but he hasn't excelled in the role other than winning the FA Cup this season. And we know that was 3 minutes of madness at Goodison Park.

So for me at least, right now, and taking account of the rumoured candidates I'd have:

1. Vitor Pereira
2. Ralf Rangnick
3. Neil Lennon
4. Roberto Di Matteo
5. Alan Stubbs
6. Slaven Bilic
7. Malky Mackay
8. Eddie Howe
9. Dougie Freedman
10. Roberto Martinez

I do know what you are saying, but one thing I would argue in Martinez's favour is managing expectations. Every season his remit was to keep Wigan in the league and generate money by selling their best players. Something he achieved 3 times out out 4. Of course winning the FA Cup was an unexpected bonus and if you ask most Wigan fans ( in honestly i know 2 and they are related) they would take that FA Cup over staying in the premier league as they have achieved something that can never be taken away from them.

I don't think you can compare Wigans expectations and Porto's for example. AVB for example got the bullet when Chelsea were 6th in the league after finishing top 4 the season before and he has just spent £40m taking Spurs from 4th to 5th in the league.

I'm not comparing him to AVB, just using someone who has failed to achieve the clubs targets, as did Martinez this season, as did Mourhinio, Mancini and plenty others

Surely our announcement hasn't been postponed so it isn't overshadowed by Mourinho's return, which has just been announced?

I actually think there's an issue mate. Thinking it's probably over the £2m fee.

I'm sure it wil be sorted though. Technically our new manager can't start until July 1st anyway. I think that's right.

Christ lads, i never said the Portuguese league was the same standard at the spl. I said glorified, obviously the standard is better and more money flows through the league. But the last 30 years the league has been won by benfica or porto 27 times.

Premier league history so covering the last 21 years

Man Utd 13 times
Chelsea 3 times
Arsenal 3 times
Blackburn1 time
Man City 1 time

Portuguese league over the same time period

Porto 15 times
Benfica 3 times
Sporting 2 times
Boavista 1 time
spain as another head to head comparision

Barca 10 times
Real 7 times
Valencia 2 times
Depor 1 time
Athlethico 1 time

now lets look at scotland

Ranger 12 times
Celtic 9 times

Scotland is way the most unbalanced league and not deserving to be compared to any serious footy league around europe

Speaking for myself here, I find that I am working myself up to a state where if we DO take on Martinez I am going to be disappointed. I feel that I am being unreasonable. He seems hugely respected within the game by people who know a helluva lot more than me, that's for sure.

I suppose I am so set on Vitor that anything else would be second best.

We live in a world where one minute Ring Rangadong has 'really impressed' in an interview, then discover he hasn't actually had one.

I wish they would sort it out soon. Who knows, we may learn to love Robertow. :)

I actually think there's an issue mate. Thinking it's probably over the £2m fee.

I'm sure it wil be sorted though. Technically our new manager can't start until July 1st anyway. I think that's right.

BK " How much do you want ? "
DW " £2m "
BK " I'll give you £1.5 "
DW " £1.75 "
BK " Deal.. "

Easy..

Yeah, I would expect as much. And as I mentioned earlier, I don't think we'll see Martinez at Goodison with a scarf until July anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.