Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I'm really nervous about the Periera hype. He did nothing before he joined Porto as AVB assistent and subsequently inherited a really good side. Before that he had been sacked with 10 games of the season left managing SC Espinho in the depths of the Portugese 3rd division. After that he managed CD Santas Clara without distinction in the 2nd tier before leaving the manager's job to become an assistant.
He might be tanned, he might be handsome, he might wear an armband and look classy but he's a real gamble. I remember Mike Walker having single club success at Norwich. There was a clamour to get him into Goodison and he liked to think he had a bit of style with his shirt collars turned up before Cantona made it famous. Bottom line is Walker was hopeless and os might Vitor. A bit of proportionality please.

thanks for pissin on my cornflakes mate,, was gettin very excited about the handsome one,, damn u and and u;re realism:mad:

Really fearful of all this now.looking at the debacle that's gone on with the badge and if Bill involves the same fans with his search for the New man that he did with the badge God only knows who'll we will end up with.I'm firmly in the vitor Pereira camp but can't see Bill looking that far afield.Now I see stoke interested in Pereira.just wished he would grow a pair and appoint Pereira if it goes tits up so be it.even bring a weir in as assistant manager etc..

Vitor seen at Finch Farm. They never had a coat his size to keep him warm, he was not too happy about the rubbish badge.

It's On.

BK-mZ3bCEAExOxF.jpg:large

Yes it is, and you get a free arm band with it Bill.

....not a rumour, but I mentioned on here yesterday that Weir was the most likely of the 'internals'. There was, however, a rumour that he had been offered the job but turned it down because he didn't feel he was ready. Regardless, I thought the 40-1 about him was a good bet. Reading BBC gossip column this morning, they reckon Martinez remains 1st choice, followed by Solkjaer and Weir. Unfortunately the 40-1 is not now available for the Scotsman.

Everton’s Top Manager Pick is Porto’s Vitor Pereira

Everton is among the many top clubs of the Premier League whose managers are leaving.

Since David Moyes’ confirmation that he will be Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor at Premier League’s current champs Manchester United, Everton has been looking at several possible replacements for the Scot manager.

On top of the list and considered to be the favorite choice is Porto’s Vitor Pereira. Speculation has surfaced of a verbal agreement between the 44-year-old manager and Everton’s board. The Purtoguese manager is said to be offered a 2-year contract but this has not been confirmed by both parties. Pereira’s contract with Porto is ending by the end of June, just in time for Premier League’s pre-season. This also means the club will not be paying Porto any compensation for the manager, making him free to join any club at the end of the season.

Other contenders for the position are said to be Cardiff City’s Malky Mackay, Wigan Athletic’s Roberto Martinez, and US national team’s head coach Jurgern Klinsman. However, it is Pereira who is mostly likely to get the job.

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is said to be an admirer of Pereira, who has led Porto to back-to-back Portuguese titles and a recent unbeaten season. However, it is still too soon to confirm any deals since Kenwright and the Everton board will still have to decide upon the appointment within the next month.

Seeing as the absurd 2 year contract story has already been denied by Everton, I think we can safely assume that this article is a load of tosh.

Really fearful of all this now.looking at the debacle that's gone on with the badge and if Bill involves the same fans with his search for the New man that he did with the badge God only knows who'll we will end up with.I'm firmly in the vitor Pereira camp but can't see Bill looking that far afield.Now I see stoke interested in Pereira.just wished he would grow a pair and appoint Pereira if it goes tits up so be it.even bring a weir in as assistant manager etc..

"If it goes tits up so be it" ?????

If bill came out and said that on SSN you would go insane, just because its a fancy foreign manager you like, all of a sudden that's kind of thinking is fine? Would it still be fine if its Stubbs?? And BK said " If it goes tits up so be it" ??

I hope I'm wrong but I can see this vitor P being an epic fail !!

Dreading the next couple of crucial seasons.

I think the club are keeping very stum on all this. We really have no idea, best mystery in ages.

Anyone is a gamble. I think Vitor would raise spirits and add some glamour. Or we can go all grey with weir/neville/stubbs etc.

Who knows? They may want someone we have not mentioned?

"If it goes tits up so be it" ?????

If bill came out and said that on SSN you would go insane, just because its a fancy foreign manager you like, all of a sudden that's kind of thinking is fine? Would it still be fine if its Stubbs?? And BK said " If it goes tits up so be it" ??

I hope I'm wrong but I can see this vitor P being an epic fail !!

Dreading the next couple of crucial seasons.

You must live a happy life, dreading teh next couple of seasons already and we havent even made any decision yet or have anyone in place.

Today is sunny, go outside and enjoy it before it's too late

Seeing as the absurd 2 year contract story has already been denied by Everton, I think we can safely assume that this article is a load of tosh.

Because it says "IS SAID TO HAVE BEEN offered a 2 year contract"? It WAS said that that had happened. They also state that there is no solid confirmation of that.

Not saying the article is true, but you're ruling it out on the fact that it basically calls hearsay hearsay.

I see Everton are burying the badge news under the Stubbs Weir ticket. By the time those two are in place the £45 spent on the graphics software and coloured ink for the Epson won't be Bill's number one problem.

And with Asda doing 2 for 1 on cakes on Bank Holiday Monday the Presser on Tuesday will only set the board back a princely fiver..

Moyes wages 7 weeks -£420K
Backroom staff 5 weeks -£10K
Cheaper shirt production 50p a shirt..
Whelan Broken Leg Commission (£25 a mention) £100
Free Publicity for Kenwright Productions
Elstone sick leave saving
Finch Farm Electricity savings this week
£9.24

I see Everton are burying the badge news under the Stubbs Weir ticket. By the time those two are in place the £45 spent on the graphics software and coloured ink for the Epson won't be Bill's number one problem.

Don't be so fkn stupid.

That software comes free with Windows.

You must live a happy life, dreading teh next couple of seasons already and we havent even made any decision yet or have anyone in place.

Today is sunny, go outside and enjoy it before it's too late

It's only at time like this when u appreciate what we have had over the last 11yrs. And what we didn't have the 10yrs prior. Ive enjoyed being back up the top end again, winning plenty of games ect ect...

Just hope it continues, whoever is manager.

Arrrggggg, not a local, blackpool is not certainly not sunny this morning!!!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.