Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think Moyes will probably stay in the summer now, unless there's an obvious job for him to walk into in the summer (Villa, Newcastle, someone like that)

I also reckon the manner in which he'll stay will be on some sort of 12 month rolling contract which will cause 99% of GOT to spontaneously combust in rage.

I'm starting to think Moyes will probably stay in the summer now, unless there's an obvious job for him to walk into in the summer (Villa, Newcastle, someone like that)

I also reckon the manner in which he'll stay will be on some sort of 12 month rolling contract which will cause 99% of GOT to spontaneously combust in rage.

Up until Wigan that's exactly what I thought , however I'm not convinced any more .

If I had to bet that's what is back though but I don't even think moyes knows.

Solskjaer....cmoon lads. It would be disaster, what has he done?
Super sub, nothing else

He is an unknown quantity in the Premier League, just like Moyes was and just like Laudrup was less than a year ago. But Christian Gross was an unknown quantity too, and he was badly gash.

Managers that are proven to be as good or better than David Moyes don't grow on trees, and whilst we offer decent wages, we certainly do not offer a good 'transfer fund' package, making managers that are proven to be as good as Moyes difficult for us to attract.

There is going to be some money available to spend in the next couple of years (Fellaini, TV money), and that's why I want Moyes to stay. Spending that money badly will mess EVERYTHING up, and it will no doubt happen to a number of clubs. But Moyes has a history of spending money very well, so why get rid of him at a time like now?

Also, I think Moyes is doing what a lot of people have been screaming at him to do for years, STANDING UP TO THE BOARD. Back me and I will sign, don't back me and I walk away.

Up until Wigan that's exactly what I thought , I'm not convinced now . If I had to bet that's what is back though.

One thing is certain mate, if he does stay, it certainly won't be a 4 or 5 year contract. 12 months rolling or at the very most, a 2 year deal with all sorts of release clauses.

At most Moyes will sign a 2yr contract, definitely wont be a long term contract.
I also think if he was to leave he'd help with getting a replacement.

Also, I think Moyes is doing what a lot of people have been screaming at him to do for years, STANDING UP TO THE BOARD. Back me and I will sign, don't back me and I walk away.

Its all about opinions isnt it ? I'm Far from convinced about this myself , it seems a convenient "it's not you it's me" type excuse , I've used plenty of them myself usually when I'm being a selfish arse.

12th month contract would be an absolute joke. all that says is that he doesnt give a crap and wants to leave but nobody wants him

I think he'll sign on for another 3 years. I think he was going to sign post January, but after us not getting a single first team player in, he decided to make a point to the board.

The problem is a lot of Evertonians think this contract issue has affected the second half of our season. For me, it's debatable. Not getting anyone in in January is the primary driver behind the dip in derformance. Some of the players are out on their feet, and we've not had a game changing option from the bench.

Moyes will be promised any Fellaini money, a portion of the extra tv money and then sign up.

I think he'll sign on for another 3 years. I think he was going to sign post January, but after us not getting a single first team player in, he decided to make a point to the board.

The problem is a lot of Evertonians think this contract issue has affected the second half of our season. For me, it's debatable. Not getting anyone in in January is the primary driver behind the dip in derformance. Some of the players are out on their feet, and we've not had a game changing option from the bench.

Moyes will be promised any Fellaini money, a portion of the extra tv money and then sign up.

i think our tactics have been slowly changing since November. We started playing the long ball an awful lot and the chances we were creating and shots we were having early on in the season started to disappear.

I blame the change of tactics more than anything else.

I agree with Jock.

WP4L x

I agree mate. Think the contract affecting the team is an easy excuse, does it affect the team when they win games and outplay the Champions? Erm no.
You simply have to look at Jan 2012 and Summer 2012 to see what new signings can do to a team like Everton, the fact as you said never signed a first team player in Jan has left fans, players and manager deflated. Look at his comments... "Ill see after Jan" nothing happened so it changed to "Ill see at the end of the season".. If we signed players like he wanted in Jan he'd of signed his contract 1st Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.