Moyes leaves in the summer; british or foreign manager? prem exp or lower leagues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young, Ambitious and most importantly humble.

Works on tight budgets and is used to seeing his best players leave and having to start again.

Plays nice attractive football. I cant think of a better candidate.

If Moyes goes would be a fantastic deal to get Martinez.

Yes for exactly those reasons, I also think he is original, they are the only team playing 3 at the back in the league which I think is very bold considering the players he has at his disposal.

Either of Martinez, Adkins, Houghton, Zola, Di Canio or for sentiment, a Stubbs, Weir & Ferguson management team! :D

I've said it before but I hoenstly think we underestimate how attractive a job everton is.

I honestly think we could get a big manager here.

Ron Atkinson's a bit of a porker these days, and Benitez has the physique of a seasoned real ale drinker. Are they big enough?

Young, Ambitious and most importantly humble.

Works on tight budgets and is used to seeing his best players leave and having to start again.

Plays nice attractive football. I cant think of a better candidate.

If Moyes goes would be a fantastic deal to get Martinez.

All good points, but outweighed by the lack of points Wigan pick up each season.

I'm intrigued by the love Martinez gets.

Plus points, he started the Swansea "revolution", he has kept Wigan in the league on a small budget*, people tell me they play reasonably attractive football.

Negative points - his team concede loads and don't score many, dodgy transfer record

* on the small budget point Wigan break even on transfers, as do we, and pay out around £40m in wages. We pay out roughly £55m on wages (this has increased in the last year to around £60m, I don't have a more recent Wigan figure). So we pay roughly £15m more than Wigan each year.
Aston Villa and Stoke have both, over the last 3 years, averaged £15m a year more spend than Everton. This isn't to put Martinez down so much as to say whoever replaces Moyes has one of the hardest jobs in football.

How is he ambitious and how is humble the most important attribute in a manager?

I'd prefer gifted.

For us its most important because he wont be expecting the world, he'll understand the fibancial restraints (similar to Moyes).

Someone who is not humble is Harry Redknapp who will expect money in his hands or "he cant do the job". He'll then win a trophy (or not) then shaft you when the going gets tough.

Of course hes ambitious. Hes already nearly taken a job a Liverpool. How can you question him not being ambitious?

Of course hes ambitious. Hes already nearly taken a job a Liverpool. How can you question him not being ambitious?

Because he's at wigan and he's stayed there for four years while it's blatantly clear that everyone involved is happy to finish 17th.

That's not ambition.

He turned down liverpool precisely because they'd have higher expectations of him.

Because he's at wigan and he's stayed there for four years while it's blatantly clear that everyone involved is happy to finish 17th.

That's not ambition.

He turned down liverpool precisely because they'd have higher expectations of him.

Could you give me his mobile number mate ? Seeing as you clearly speak to him personally ;)

=scratchnsurf;1697938]Ron Atkinson's a bit of a porker these days, and Benitez has the physique of a seasoned real ale drinker. Are they big enough?

All good points, but outweighed by the lack of points Wigan pick up each season.
The way he sets up his teams, with better players at his disposal he would pick up alot more points. Thats just guaranteed.

That's not ambition.

He was never offered the Liverpool job he was interviewed. However that interview proves he is held in much higher asteam than your preferable choice of those mentioned - Chris Houghton.

Him staying at Wigan proves loyalty more than anything, the fact that he turned down Aston Villa also proved hes not stupid. Look at the turmoil there now.

you know what I actually think Nigel Adkins would do a good job if Moyes left (I really really hope he doesn't) he plays good attacking football wouldn't demand a silly wage and worked wonders at Southampton. I think he has something like a 53% win rate over his career which is pretty impressive really...

Status
Not open for further replies.