Moyes fascination with Scottish players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanman

Player Valuation: £500k
DM has been linked with a number of Scottish players. All young too, but I can't remember the last time there was a decent Scottish player. Do you think it's because they are cheap and not too much of a gamble?

http://efcfeelinblue.com/everton-in...rss&utm_campaign=everton-in-for-scottish-trio

Everton are being linked with a move for three young players from Scotland. Rangers starlet Barrie McKay, Dundee United striker Johnny Russell and Kilmarnock winger Matthew Kennedy are all reportedly on David Moyes’ radar.

McKay is 17-year-old who has recently broken into the Rangers first team and has impressed already. Manager Ally McCoist recently described his performance against East Stirling as ‘Magic’, after the youngster scored in a 5-1 win. McKay’s contract at the Scottish giants is set to expire in May and if he doesn’t agree a new deal he will be able to sign a pre-contract with another club. Everton are said to be sniffing around the youngster and after already raiding Rangers for Jelavic and Naismith, Moyes could again make a move for one of their players.

Dundee United striker Johnny Russell is another talented Scotsman being linked with a move to Goodison Park. The 22 year old netted twice in the Dundee Derby earlier in the season and is a Scottish international, after making his debut for his country back in May. Sky Sports reported Everton interest late last week, but the club haven’t confirmed anything as yet.

Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels has spoken out angrily about Everton’s apparent approach for his player, Matthew Kennedy. The 17 year old burst onto the scene in Scottish football when he was just 16 years old and Everton have reportedly lodged a bid of around £250,000 for his services. Shiels recently told the Daily Record:

“The boy’s head has been pickled with talk of Everton, There are negotiations taking place at the top end of each clubâ€￾

“I have spoken to Matty’s father and told him what I think is the best thing for his son’s career. A young lad’s career is the most important thing here, not finances.â€￾

It's because his scouting network is pretty much confined to his brother and Weir. It's all very parochial and inward looking.

I bet someone's getting a proper *drink* at the expense of the Everton Football Club Ltd in the process.

We are linked to 3 kids, we wont sign all of them. Moyes signings over the years

Naysmith
Mcfadden

who else? my memory gone right now.

It's because his scouting network is pretty much confined to his brother and Weir. It's all very parochial and inward looking.

I bet someone's getting a proper *drink* at the expense of the Everton Football Club Ltd in the process.

Mirralas? Niang?

Scottish players, cheap hard working, ans speak the lingo (just about). Bit of top draw coaching and you never know.

The scottish league is an obvious hunting ground, much like the irish league is. There's no culture shock problems and prices tend to be cheap compared to england because the clubs are poorer.

Don't see a problem with it.

Mirralas? Niang?

Oh yeah, it's not exclusive to those two, and it's only been happening in a glut of late. Nevertheless, Moyes has never struck me as having a great network of contacts who he can turn to to unearth continental talent...and when he does it's like pulling teeth trying to get him to commit.

Yep real fascination- Naismith and Faddy, Weir was already here when he joined.

Rubbish scouting network.

Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Lescott, Jelavic, Yobo etc etc

he's scottish, wenger shops in france, benitez shopped in spain vialli shopped in italy, i suppose being a scot he follows scottish football, only a theory like.

Yep real fascination- Naismith and Faddy, Weir was already here when he joined.

Rubbish scouting network.

Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Lescott, Jelavic, Yobo etc etc

Pienaar and Yobo (and I'd add Heitinga and Fellaini to that) are the only ones not to have played in britain before we bought them though. I think there's some truth in that we raid the lower leagues, ireland and scotland more often then we raid the continent. We're more likely to grab a gosling or a coleman than a gueye or a vellios.

That's utter ****e, the club have over 160 scouts in the North West alone

But don't let facts get in the way of another totally unwarranted poke at Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.