Moyes "Faith" in players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraders

Player Valuation: £60m
Yes, it is indeed another Moyes thread.

I'm actually beginning to think that Moyes is not all that with young/inexperienced players, definately not as good as we think at least anyway.

Rodwell and Gosling were pretty much forced into the side to play due to injuries when they really got their runs in the side, they did well and now they occasionally get the run out (Ok they have had injuries recently). Now we know Rodwell is a class act, and he does get his fair share of playing time, but the rest...

Coleman, was DEFINATELY forced into our side due to injuries and he's a nutter, a brilliant one at that. Changed games for us when he's come on, Benfica aside, although even then he played at left back, on his debut. Moyes then said he would have no fear in playing Coleman in the Premier League, well excuse me but im not sure if he's played since?! We could Seriously use him.

Why didn't Gosling get a start today? He knows where the goal is and runs his heart out, and proved it again against United.

Where the hell is Vaughan!? 200% player and we could have so used him today, he's pacey and pretty good just needs some more time on the damn pitch!

Just another thing, our players looked totally burnt out, playing some Youngsters would give us time to rest the more experienced players for Tottenham! Coleman should definately start over Neville, sure he has leadership and all that but let's face it, he's a liability on the football pitch.

Moyes and Neville said we would attack them today, score first and all that. We didn't. Liars.

Lisbon 8-0 Everton.

Rant over.

Last edited:
Moyes had his rabbit caught in the headlights head on again.

And compare the attitude of Mourinho last night taking a 2-1 home win to Stamford Bridge with Moyes' demeanour last week: the Special One is beaming and getting the pressure on Chelsea straight after the match; Moyes was catatonic with the same scoreline.

"Faith" - priests would write that lot off tonight. Shocking.
Faith is in the other side anhilating a set of [Poor language removed]-scared [Poor language removed]-ups like what happened tonight.

What score at Spurs? 20-0? Then slaps on the back all round??? For Shame.

Sometimes it's best to leave things untill the next day before bringing this type of discussion up.

Those that agree tend to exagerate because of their disappointment, and those that don't tend to react badly for the same reason.

Sometimes it's best to leave things untill the next day before bringing this type of discussion up.

Those that agree tend to exagerate because of their disappointment, and those that don't tend to react badly for the same reason.

Maybe, but i've heard this mentioned before and i completely agree, my anger forced me to bring it up now though as you said. We only play these players when we have to.

Dont get me wrong BB: I have real respect for Moyesie...the only good thing about Everton FC for years. He gave us back our pride and gave us stability. He was the perfect antidote to the Smith reign of error with its cronyism and aul-arsery. I have to say though that Moyes isn't the sharpest tool in the box. We can do better with these players. Harsh, but very true, IMO.

Dont get me wrong BB: I have real respect for Moyesie...the only good thing about Everton FC for years. He gave us back our pride and gave us stability. He was the perfect antidote to the Smith reign of error with its cronyism and aul-arsery. I have to say though that Moyes isn't the sharpest tool in the box. We can do better with these players. Harsh, but very true, IMO.

Moyes doesn't look like doing it anytime soon, but a simple change of playing style and tactics would actually make us boss.

Moyes had his rabbit caught in the headlights head on again.

And compare the attitude of Mourinho last night taking a 2-1 home win to Stamford Bridge with Moyes' demeanour last week: the Special One is beaming and getting the pressure on Chelsea straight after the match; Moyes was catatonic with the same scoreline.

This I agree with.

Can't believe though he said that the idea was to get a goal. 2 shots on goal all match, compared to their 16.

All the players looked like they couldn't be arsed bar 2 players. Dreadful.

Wonder how many more threads can spark the same outcome?

If only we'd change our style we'd start beating the likes of Chelsea and United. Blooming hopeless manager.

For me yesterday reminded me of the Birmingham cup game. We'd just thrashed Man City and everyone was buzzing. Then they put in a limp performance in the cup.

I guess this is what seperates the good teams like ourselves from the truely great ones. They find a way to win when not playing well. We'll get there though.

Good morning Bruce.
I feel a lot better now. lol I refrained from posting a motm including only Sporting players, and Howard. :D

Onwards and upwards ....... onwards and upwards ...........lol

If only we'd change our style we'd start beating the likes of Chelsea and United. Blooming hopeless manager.

For me yesterday reminded me of the Birmingham cup game. We'd just thrashed Man City and everyone was buzzing. Then they put in a limp performance in the cup.

I guess this is what seperates the good teams like ourselves from the truely great ones. They find a way to win when not playing well. We'll get there though.

There you go, Bruce.

The near suicidals here are a bit mch.

Suppose its par for the course being a fan. There was an interview with Adebayor on the BBC site yesterday where he said it took him 18 months to get used to Champions League football. We're still relatively new at all this. One thing history does suggest is that Moyes and the team will learn from this and improve. Some folks just have their pants on too tight.

Just read some of the comments on our Facebook page and there are folks there calling Moyes a tosser lol I mean these guys crack me up. Completely detached from any kind of reality it makes you wonder how they function in life.

Last edited:
ffs we beat manchester united less than a week ago. can u really get that hard on a manager that quickly after he did such a good job with substitutions. i would have liked to see more youngsters have a chance too, but moyes makes good decisions way more often then he makes bad ones.

imagine if he had played the youngsters and we had still lost this badly, think about all the people that would have said this game was too important for them and we should be blooding our youngsters instead of throwing them into big games. personally i would have played the youngsters, but i'm not manager and for good reason

Although massively dissapointed with yesterday's performance/result, guess this post hits the nail on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.