Moyes as interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t anything special? He had a net spend of something like 5 mill per year whilst others around us in the table spent quadruple of that on one player. We finished 4th with Marcus bent up front and Moyes created the best and last resemblance of a team that we had includIng Baines, pienaar, jags, Cahill et al.

Whilst you may not personally be calling for those managers plenty of others are and we seem to be creaming ourselves that they can create the same as what Moyes did with us consistently over his time here, especially the seasons we consistently finished in Europe.
I've always held the belief that Moyes also held us back in the process. Fearing the other team every week led to many games where sitting back and defending led to defeats by teams similar to yesterday.

I remember a time when we could score after 6 minutes and defend it on our 18 yard box like it was the last 6 minutes until we eventually concede. I remember defenders in midfield , not changing a losing team. I remember gifting that horrible captain a hat trick in the Derby because we were preparing for a 1-1 draw in the cup. I remember the lack of youth being brought through. I remember when every single season we would have the same cycle , kicking on in February after a crap first half .

There is more.to Moyes than league positions. I personally don't think money ever played.a significant factor in Moyes results. He took the league champions to the same position that his cash strapped side finished. Moyes did work wonders here under the circumstances , I will never doubt that. We are eternally grateful for him achieving what he did with a chairman who sold the club down the river year on year. However he had nothing to show for anything, and it all started with fearing the opposition , whether it was a side he never won away at in 11 years, or losing to a reading side that had not won at all until that point.

I've always held the belief that Moyes also held us back in the process. Fearing the other team every week led to many games where sitting back and defending led to defeats by teams similar to yesterday.

I remember a time when we could score after 6 minutes and defend it on our 18 yard box like it was the last 6 minutes until we eventually concede. I remember defenders in midfield , not changing a losing team. I remember gifting that horrible captain a hat trick in the Derby because we were preparing for a 1-1 draw in the cup. I remember the lack of youth being brought through. I remember when every single season we would have the same cycle , kicking on in February after a crap first half .

There is more.to Moyes than league positions. I personally don't think money ever played.a significant factor in Moyes results. He took the league champions to the same position that his cash strapped side finished. Moyes did work wonders here under the circumstances , I will never doubt that. We are eternally grateful for him achieving what he did with a chairman who sold the club down the river year on year. However he had nothing to show for anything, and it all started with fearing the opposition , whether it was a side he never won away at in 11 years, or losing to a reading side that had not won at all until that point.
I’m confused, your previous posts said it wasn’t anything special, now he did wonders? Maybe I’m just more realistic that if we don’t make a change of manager on this form we are going down. I’d hope Moyes could come in and lay the law down to some of these players and Instil some fight and passion in to them at least.

Moyes since left Everton.
Man utd. Impossible job to fill fergies boots. As others are finding.
Real socidead. No gingers should be managing in spain.
Sunderland. I dont think anyone does well there. Just that sort of club.
West ham. Did a good job and was unfairly taken out of it imo.
Moyes with a bit of cash. And he suits Everton. I dont know tbh but we cant carry on with silva. Not unless you want to be playing barnsley next season.

Screenshot_20191124_235316_com.android.chrome.jpg

That means it's happening then

"if I'd been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I'd have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players," Everton described their former manager's offer for the pair as "derisory and insulting" but Moyes said: "I signed every player at Everton, so I know a lot about them. The bid, from Manchester United's point of view, was a private thing and if and when we make a new offer we'd keep that offer private and confidential as well. That's not our choice [to make it public]. That's up to them. You need to ask them that question. I know exactly how Everton work...I know exactly how they work"

Never forgive.

Never forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.