Most important area of the team to strengthen

Most important area of the team to strengthen?

• Up front

• Midfield

• Defence

• 'Keeper

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pig of a question to answer to be honest. Midfield is glaringly poor at the moment with little genuine depth due to injury prone players. But defence is a close second. Coleman is a welcome return to form, but he needs genuine competition. Left back too. Baines for the odd game and cameo is fine, but if Digne loses form or gets injured it is a problem. Just 3 senior centre backs isn't ideal either.

Centre mid needs the most urgent adressing (hopefully we can bring two in), then out wide, then right back.

With the 442, as long as you've got quality midfielders in there who are hard to bypass, then I don't think your centre backs need to be anything spectacular - just very important that they are disciplined defenders.

CM
RW
CF
LW
RB
CB

for me - people say we are fine up top but we are an injury lay off to Richarlison away from having little cutting edge. Also we have no one to bring off the bench to try grab a goal.

Leicester could bring on the likes of Maddison, Incahecho, Perez, Gray whereas we have Tosun and Kean who are both liabilities.

The midfield by a country mile. The more solid and comfortable on the ball it is, the more assured our defensive unit will become. The more creative it is, the more potent our strikers will become. Lob in a centre half and some quality on the right, plus a goalie without a chip on his shoulder and we'll all be having a firework party next May.

Midfield two at least ,Gomes isnt mobile enough, but is could work with someone with a bit of power and athleticism next to him,
Davies at best a squad player,
Delph i dont think is worth keeping around offers nothing and always injured.
Siggy on his wages is going nowhere, puts a shift in ,but dont see a place for him when we get others in
Wide players all a bit underwhelming.
Defence is generally ok although i wouldn't mind a youngster for Coleman's position who can get up and down.
Attack can live with
Keeper needs either selling or genuine competition, if we progress as a team we will need sombody more steady than he is as will cost us at important times.

Got to be the midfield for me. I think real problem areas are RM and CM, need a minimum of 2 signings there, 4 if possible. After that I would say we need 4th CB, and a CF to challenge for places

Status
Not open for further replies.