Most important area of the team to strengthen

Most important area of the team to strengthen?

• Up front

• Midfield

• Defence

• 'Keeper

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes - Even before his injury, is a shadow of what we first saw, lacking in form, slow. We know he can, but how often?
Davies - playing “half decent” every now and then isn’t what we need going forward. Squad player at best.
Delph - hasn’t exactly endeared himself to fans, don’t think he’ll win anyone over, useful player when fit... which is never
Gbamin - Who? Can’t really rely on a fella who has played 45 mins of football in nearly a year.
Sigurdsson. - steady. But meant to be our creative midfielder and offers nothing of the sort. Slow. Past 30.

Bernard - has two years to get to grips with Premier League, don’t think he’ll ever be that standard but handy. High Wages.

Walcott, Iwobi = where do you even begin? Wingers who can’t cross, don’t want the ball.

yeah, we need an overhaul lol

We’ve let midfield players go who I’m not sure aren’t still better than the ones we have.

If you put a fully fit McCarthy and Cleverley in a two against any combination we could produce I’m not sure that they wouldn’t win the midfield battle in almost every one and they are two lower need prem midfielders who we didn’t think were good enough for us.

Midfield and it's not even close, bar Gomes they all need to leave. Would love a Gueye type to win the ball and a Grealish to run it. If Villa go down I'd love us to get McGinn and Grealish if it could be done.

Scouting is horrendous, there must be some good midfielders in the Championship who could handle the step up easily. Look at Sheffield United's.

Status
Not open for further replies.