2017/18 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad decision making. Aguero in his own half and scythes away from behind. Does he get the ball too? Yes. Does he give the ref who was itching to "even things up" an easy decision to make? Yes.

It will be deemed dangerous play and the card and ban will remain in place.
I do see your point, ref would have seen his mistake with Walker at half time and I'm sure many City cronies would have had a word with him.

I think most see it as a good tackle, however as with Walker the card can't be recinded as it's 2 yellows

I do see your point, ref would have seen his mistake with Walker at half time and I'm sure many City cronies would have had a word with him.

I think most see it as a good tackle, however as with Walker the card can't be recinded as it's 2 yellows
In a fair and just world both Aguero and Calvert Lewin would also get one game bans for their conning of the officials.

It was a numb nuts second challenge and he deserved the card. Aguero made the most of it but was defo clipped...and from behind. There will be no rescinding of that second yellow, and rightly so.

As others have said, btw, Schneiderlin has been off the pace so far and he'll be no big miss (he didn't turn up against quality teams last season anyway, so we'll not notice the difference against Chelsea).

I wonder about him and the soft tissue injuries too. I reckon he limped his way to the end of last season and he'll suffer these types of injuries again.

Disagree with pretty much every word of that.

On a yellow. Sliding from a distance. More or less from behind. Clips the heel and ankle. Not 100% sure if at same time as getting the ball though. However I'd prefer our players wouldn't do the above when on a yellow unless absolutely necessary. It was a poor decision. Aguero overreacting is another thing.

Disagree with pretty much every word of that.
You think

A/ it was a wise move to come in from behind at Aguero?
B/ that last season against the elite teams he shone?
C/ he doesn't suffer with soft tissue injuries and did so toward the end of last season and that it affected him?

I'd say they were three uncontroversial claims myself.

On a yellow. Sliding from a distance. More or less from behind. Clips the heel and ankle. Not 100% sure if at same time as getting the ball though. However I'd prefer our players wouldn't do the above when on a yellow unless absolutely necessary. It was a poor decision. Aguero overreacting is another thing.

I can probably recall around half a dozen very similar tackles made last night by other players that were enormously helpful. Aguero wasn't touched at all by that tackle. The only reason he was sent off was because the ref had a poor view of it, and the reaction he gave.

I can probably recall around half a dozen very similar tackles made last night by other players that were enormously helpful. Aguero wasn't touched at all by that tackle. The only reason he was sent off was because the ref had a poor view of it, and the reaction he gave.

I'd have to watch again but in the replays last night it looked 100% certain he got his heel and possibly his ankle, possibly with the trailing leg. It was pretty much from behind and was asking for trouble for me

You think

A/ it was a wise move to come in from behind at Aguero?
B/ that last season against the elite teams he shone?
C/ he doesn't suffer with soft tissue injuries and did so toward the end of last season and that it affected him?

I'd say they were three uncontroversial claims myself.

A) he won the ball quite cleanly without touching Aguero at all, so yes, it was a good decision if that's the criteria against which we judge any tackle.

B) he's been perfectly fine this season, and had a fine game last night, especially in the first half when he nullified Silva's impact significantly.

C) in his 8 full seasons of senior football prior to joining us, he's averaged 37 games a season, which given that he's undoubtedly missed a few due to suspensions is a pretty good fitness record I'd say.

I'd have to watch again but in the replays last night it looked 100% certain he got his heel and possibly his ankle, possibly with the trailing leg. It was pretty much from behind and was asking for trouble for me

It was asking for trouble in the sense that the ref couldn't see the contact point whatsoever and therefore made a judgement based upon Morgan sliding in and Aguero writhing around afterwards. As I said, there were a lot of similar tackles made last night where the ref had a better view and didn't even give a foul.

It was a numb nuts second challenge and he deserved the card. Aguero made the most of it but was defo clipped...and from behind. There will be no rescinding of that second yellow, and rightly so.

As others have said, btw, Schneiderlin has been off the pace so far and he'll be no big miss (he didn't turn up against quality teams last season anyway, so we'll not notice the difference against Chelsea).

I wonder about him and the soft tissue injuries too. I reckon he limped his way to the end of last season and he'll suffer these types of injuries again.
This is not an Everton fan.

A) he won the ball quite cleanly without touching Aguero at all, so yes, it was a good decision if that's the criteria against which we judge any tackle.

B) he's been perfectly fine this season, and had a fine game last night, especially in the first half when he nullified Silva's impact significantly.

C) in his 8 full seasons of senior football prior to joining us, he's averaged 37 games a season, which given that he's undoubtedly missed a few due to suspensions is a pretty good fitness record I'd say.

B) He only played against Spurs and Arsenal last season. He missed the derby and United games. What a sample size.

In a fair and just world both Aguero and Calvert Lewin would also get one game bans for their conning of the officials.

I didnt think Walker deserved a second yellow last night after the replays on Sky but then seen this, this morning and he did deserve it. Calvert Lewin didnt con anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.