Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showed his true class last night. An absolute joy to watch. With Morgs, Gana and Davies we have the makings of one hell of a midfield.

Amazing last night, in a nothing game, such a good buy this, how other clubs playing at a high level let this guy slip past is beyond me

Saints fan here.

Unless Man U have utterly destroyed Schneiderlin by dumping him on the bench I suspect this'll be a great value signing you'll remember for a long time. I can't think of a Saints fan who didn't rate him and we'd all have welcomed him back with open arms. I described him years ago as the best midfielder I'd ever seen in the flesh and I stand by that.

There'll be plenty of people who underrate him but if it's anything like our experience, you'll notice whenever he's not playing that your midfield just doesn't work as well. The reason he'll be underrated is that he doesn't always look like he's putting in effort; he has a quite lazy looking running style that easily fools the eye. He's a great tackler but he also blocks passing lines like no other midfielder I've ever seen. He must be horrible to play against as he's always in the way of the good pass. This also makes him look like he's not doing anything, so expect people to shout him down from the terraces.

The article quoted earlier that says he favours short passing is way off the mark. One of the things we really missed when he left was his ability to pick out people at long distance and drop the ball at their feet. Koeman brought another dimension out of him when he took Morgan aside and told him to attack more; it improved his game greatly.

I think Koeman will get the best out of him (as I say, unless Man U have badly knocked him back) and I'm deeply envious of you having him. A diamond.

Good luck with him.

Told you so.

I find it inexcusable that Man U didn't capitalise on him but you've done nicely out of their foolishness. You're using him the way he's meant to be used.

I'm so bloody envious.

Told you so.

I find it inexcusable that Man U didn't capitalise on him but you've done nicely out of their foolishness. You're using him the way he's meant to be used.

I'm so bloody envious.

He was the finest midfielder in the league his last season with you, I watched him loads and he made me sex wee.

He has to be in the running for the captain's armband next season. You could see him getting vocal with the other players, and any fouls/issues he was right in the refs face arguing our point!

Status
Not open for further replies.