2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilM

Player Valuation: £80m
Morgan Schneiderlin - 2018/19 Player Performance Thread

Thread Sponsor: @PhilM

Please use this thread for all discussion relating to Morgan Schneiderlin's 2018/19 match performances.

Feel free to start new threads regarding any new topics of discussion relating to this player - new contracts, player quotes, transfer news etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Echo Silva wants him to stay. If he can get a tune out of the buffoon then that's fine by me.

According to the Echo Silva wants him to stay. If he can get a tune out of the buffoon then that's fine by me.

Yeah this is true, I'd be alright with him staying as long as we buy that power box to box player. I think it's better to get Mccarthy and besic's wages off the book instead of schneiderlin, because he is the only natural DM we have in the squad, with a couple of youngsters in reserve.

I am intrigued to see how he gets on again without Rooney and without a pair of kick and rush managers.
May have considered (rightly or wrongly) that playing for a neophyte idiot like Unsworth was beneath him. Still not convinced that he got on with Rooney either. Schneiderlin used to get a fair number of yellow cards IIRC, perhaps someone instructed him to get less of them, who knows.

Will be back to his best for us next season in a team that actually tries to play football.
There's certainly a player in him and when he first joined there were rave reviews about his performances so like you say I hope this season he shows that again.

Obviously his apparent actions and some dire performances last season didn't hell his image, but he's still one of our better midfielder.

There's certainly a player in him and when he first joined there were rave reviews about his performances so like you say I hope this season he shows that again.

Obviously his apparent actions and some dire performances last season didn't hell his image, but he's still one of our better midfielder.

Looking at last seasons evidence hes one of the worst in the league.

When he signed be was good but so have others been for a few months.

Id punt him for a half decent offer.

Looking at last seasons evidence hes one of the worst in the league.

When he signed be was good but so have others been for a few months.

Id punt him for a half decent offer.

What we need to understand is why a player, not known for throwing wobblies, suddenly turned into the local villain.
There must have been something that upset his apple cart and without knowing exactly what it's hard to fathom.

Hopefully Silva can bring the best out of him, seems like he wants him for the deep defensive midfielder who receives the ball from the back like Gareth Barry used to, he can pass short and long ok but seems very safe with his distribution.

Anyway can't see any team coming in and giving him half the wages he's on here, so think he'll be here a few seasons at least whever we like it or not.

Some of his performances were disgusting last season.

I remember in the Goodison tie against Split last season he ran the show in the first half, always on the ball and spraying it about everywhere. Think that's what Silva will want his role to be..

Status
Not open for further replies.