• Benitez: He will lead us to glory

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • James: He actually has talent

Votes: 39 48.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the Potter option?

Bouncing Ballsack Benny will be long gone with millions in compensation in two years. He'll be managing Tranmere by that point, because he "gets" the people so much ...and they are local.
And he would n'all. Wouldnt be beneath him.

What a man.

So who will it be fellas?

the recycled manager that keeps getting jobs because people keep getting fired or the injury prone player with terrible decision making
??‍♂️
1632405772757.png

So who will it be fellas?

the recycled manager that keeps getting jobs because people keep getting fired or the injury prone player with terrible decision making
It's a really good question.

I fear that they are both totally irrelevant to elite football.

James could have had an impact this season but it was decided we would rather just end up with a wafer thin squad. Unfortunately I think Benitez will take us back to the Walter Smith years. Not likely to get relegated but a top half finish will be celebrated like its 1999. If James had just played 25 games I bet we would have won 15-18 and he would have had an impact in most of them. Unfortunately it will be Benitez who has more relevance to us as he takes us backwards.
I don’t know how many we won out of the 23 games he played last season but I think we won more when he didn’t play than we did when he played!!

When you say terrible decision making, I assume you mean off the pitch as on the pitch I'd argue his decision making was streets ahead of his teammates? Unless you like your decisions being "do I pass sideways or backwards"?

Whatever about Senor Benitez, James entered irrelevance as soon as his footballing father Carlo Ancelotti departed the club without packing the little Colombian in his hand luggage. So, we don't need to wait three years. The only question is whether Benitez will still be relevant in three years. That, I suspect, will be largely down to the financial state of this club next summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.