2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep mentioning Forlan and I think it is such a wonderful comparison because, like Kean, Forlan was labeled crap because he couldn't make it work coming off the bench a ton and only starting games here and there. Then, like Kean, Forlan went somewhere where he played much more consistently and scored for fun.

So sure, maybe it is because the PL is the greatest league in the history of Earth, or maybe some guys just need to get consistent game time to stay sharp and score goals.
How many of the top premier league players came from other leagues? The vast majority. Despite it being the best league in the history of mankind.

Reminds me of Lineker.

If Everton had a centre forward “type” it’s a big hard working centre forward who can lead the line and be a target man, we hardly ever vere from that or really warm to an alternative style, Andy Johnson, probably our last nippy forward, Radzinski before that.

The lad has that Lineker instinct in the box. Gary made complicated instinctive movement in the box look effortless, he was always there, Moise’s got it to, both could get out in front of their man to.

Think the lad, is proving all who said he hasn’t shown much, exactly what they couldn’t see, whatever feelings about the French league, the dude is doing it in the CL, before we scoff at that with some random stat, we’d all kill to be there with Everton.

The lads a talent and a player, he’s going to burst through 20 goals this season at 20.

His talent has always been pretty obvious.

Quite bizarre seeing lots of negative comments about him since he signed.

We could have signed a prime Ronaldo and given him 5mins sub appearances in a poor side and dropped him after a start, goal and good performance.

Definitely like Linekar...total poacher

I dont think any other striker in the top 5 leagues under 21 is even close to his goal tally.

I'm a massive fan of Dom, but think where Dom was at 20.

Kean will be world class. Probably not here, but if they go deep into the CL, and hopefully does well at the Euros we would hopefully get 50+for him and a hefty sell on.

Initially i said £60mil if we sold him...then i dropped it down a bit but i think thats a fair price if he doesnt want to return.

Good business all round really.

I’d play them both, I never get this idea that you have 5o have one starting forward and that is it, good teams win games, good squads win trophies. I’d be happy playing either together or depending on the game, whichever up front. Id look at playing Moise like how Leicester and Southampton play and use Vardy and Ings. He gives the squad a different option, variance and dimension to how we could play. It’s never all or nothing for me, the change up in strategy to influence a game is a great option and bonus to have,

We should be playing Richarlison, Kean and DCL each game with James behind.

Bring in some competition for them like King and let them go...

Do you mean today's Lineker..?

Moise Kean at the moment is not on the same planets the young Lineker.

Gary Lineker at the end of the season at the same age had total of 7 goals in 37 games (mostly in 2nd division).

4 goals were in 2nd division and 1 in a cup. So only 2 first division goals.

So yeah, Kean is on another planet to Lineker at the same age

If Moise Kean was trying to break through in a moderate Leicester team I wonder what his stats would be conversely if when trying to establish himself Lineker played in the French league with two best attacking talents in the world I wonder how well he would have done.

The fact remains that June were prepared to sell him for not extraordinary money and as well as he is doing in a second tier league surrounded by the best players in the mold I cannot see us get more than 40m for him.@zatara

If Moise Kean was trying to break through in a moderate Leicester team I wonder what his stats would be conversely if when trying to establish himself Lineker played in the French league with two best attacking talents in the world I wonder how well he would have done.

The fact remains that June were prepared to sell him for not extraordinary money and as well as he is doing in a second tier league surrounded by the best players in the mold I cannot see us get more than 40m for him.@zatara

If Kean was given 5mins at the end of games then he would have similar stats to last season.

Conversely, when he starts games he scores goals.

Where has the info come from that we were prepared to sell him last June?

We didnt even agree to a buyout clause lol

Everton where strikers go to die. King made a bold choice coming here. Perfect opportunity for him at Fulham our main and only other striker out injured and started on the bench. Getting the kean treatment already.

Everton where strikers go to die. King made a bold choice coming here. Perfect opportunity for him at Fulham our main and only other striker out injured and started on the bench. Getting the kean treatment already.

...DCL says hello.

i‘m happy Kean is doing so well, it’ll be great if we get a really good return on our investment. There’s only one reason why Kean failed to fire here & that reason is Kean.

Kean played a total of 834 minutes in 19/20. That's effectively 9 games. He played in 29 matches so works out at about 29 minutes per match. Doesn't sound too bad, but in reality really he was in and out. DCL took how many seasons of consistently getting starting time to become a decent striker. Kean is expected to hit the ground running.. didn't take his chances. Come on. What chance? Kean's ceiling is far higher than DCL .. Best for him to have moved. He's not looking back.

A terrible header there lol he massively got lucky, lets hope PSG buys him for like 60mil

...DCL says hello.

i‘m happy Kean is doing so well, it’ll be great if we get a really good return on our investment. There’s only one reason why Kean failed to fire here & that reason is Kean.
DCL who took 10 years and 200 games to come good?

I know you were happy we offloaded Kean to PSG. I completely get the damage control. Ego is one them things can't say I'm exempt.

I'll let you deal with this how you see fit and won't make it hard for you.

No need to turn the thread into a king bashing session, but if anyone can't see that we completely dropped the ball and mishandled Moise, then I don't know what to tell you.

He left arguably the biggest club in Italy cos he wasn't getting enough minutes there - we sign him and effectively use him exactly the same way they did!? Madness.

He was always gonna get fed up, especially seeing the turd that won't flush gylfi getting picked and played all the time, plus others.

He got minutes here and there, when he should have been played into some kind of form by starting regularly, and it shouldn't have been beyond Carlo to find a system and way of playing to make that happen, alongside DCL.

I was gutted we let him go out, and decided to keep toshun, and were then scratching around looking for a forward and got king in - it was criminal tbh and so very Everton. I'm sure he would have taken some of the burden off DCL this season, and it would have been nice to be able to call on him this week in particular.

I would love nothing more for him to come back after the loan and want to play for us again, but you can't fault the lad for wanting out.

Hope covid doesn't ruin any chance of a decent fee if we do sell.

It's just sad and so frustrating that we didn't give him a proper chance here.

Baffling decision by the club to send him on loan. He’s got three years on a contract with our name at the top, let’s not sell him cheap. If COVID has impacted the market, PSG can loan him again for a 10 mill fee next season and then we sell.

Struggling against garbage in the EPL and we send our 30 mill striker to PSG on loan. Everton that.

im sure that if he scores the winner in the CL final he’s still rubbish

Scored about his 15th goal of the season, which happened to be in the champions League, away at Barcelona and you've got people on here so desperate to cling onto the hope they was right Abar him being turd.

The silver linings is we will get good money for him but I just think it's mad we've spent the past 3/4 years trying to replace Lukaku and when we get a young talanted goalscorer we sub him on and off in the same games never start him more than one game in a row and then allow him to leave for a far better team than ourselves without no backup being brought in.

Kean was bought to fatten up and sell on for a nice profit. Rainiola tries to move his clients regularly. Everton was only ever seen as a stepping stone to “bigger things”

I think if he leaves in the summer we 100% make a profit.

Unfortunately his increase in value hasn’t been beneficial to us in terms of result on field but that doesn’t make it a failure at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.