2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Niasse. But what's your point? Surely we're discussing who can do better in the future rather than a few seasons ago?

There's no guarantee Kean would ever do well in the Premier League. He could be genuinely fringe world class and be Forlan-esque here.

All we can go on is what we've seen, and we've seen Kean make no impact here. It's like Havertz- before he joined Chelsea he was spoken of as a generational talent; has done nothing since he joined. Might he come good? Maybe. But he hasn't yet, so he's a liability til proven otherwise. Or Pepe at Arsenal, another example.

But for now, if you're selecting a team for a must win game in the Prem, who are you picking - Josh King, who has proven he can play well at this level, or Moise Kean, who for all his potential has not.

You're going with King every time.

There's no guarantee Kean would ever do well in the Premier League. He could be genuinely fringe world class and be Forlan-esque here.

All we can go on is what we've seen, and we've seen Kean make no impact here. It's like Havertz- before he joined Chelsea he was spoken of as a generational talent; has done nothing since he joined. Might he come good? Maybe. But he hasn't yet, so he's a liability til proven otherwise. Or Pepe at Arsenal, another example.

But for now, if you're selecting a team for a must win game in the Prem, who are you picking - Josh King, who has proven he can play well at this level, or Moise Kean, who for all his potential has not.

I'd take every single one of those players over Josh King and honestly I'm a bit concerned that some people think the PL is such an all encompassing force that they wouldn't. It's a level of exceptionalism that certain Americans would love tbh.

King has only ever been the answer to one question: who can we sign on super short notice and on a short term deal that won't be an albatross later because they're actively not giving a crap about their current club since we sent all our rotation players out in a window where no one is really available at a reasonable price? But somehow we were asking that question and so we have Josh King.

King looked great a few seasons ago. Since then he's gradually declined. You would seriously go with the guy that's scored 0 in the championship this season over the guy that's scored 16 this season??

King looked great a few seasons ago. Since then he's gradually declined. You would seriously go with the guy that's scored 0 in the championship this season over the guy that's scored 16 this season??

Yes as the guy who scored zero in the Championship has proven he can perform in this league, and the guy who has scored 16 in a much weaker French league in an OP squad has proven he can't.

Josh king better than Moise Kean??? Haha why didn't psg go for Josh king then?

Because he has much lower ceiling in terms of potential ability.

Kean could be outstanding in the right setup in the right league. No doubt about that. But we've seen over and over again that outstanding players abroad aren't necessarily outstanding here. Veron, Shevchenko, Forlan, Taibi, Bartley to name just a few off the top of my head.

Kean playing well in a star studded PSG team doesn't erase Kean looking useless in England.

Because he has much lower ceiling in terms of potential ability.

Kean could be outstanding in the right setup in the right league. No doubt about that. But we've seen over and over again that outstanding players abroad aren't necessarily outstanding here. Veron, Shevchenko, Forlan, Taibi, Bartley to name just a few off the top of my head.

Kean playing well in a star studded PSG team doesn't erase Kean looking useless in England.
You keep mentioning Forlan and I think it is such a wonderful comparison because, like Kean, Forlan was labeled crap because he couldn't make it work coming off the bench a ton and only starting games here and there. Then, like Kean, Forlan went somewhere where he played much more consistently and scored for fun.

So sure, maybe it is because the PL is the greatest league in the history of Earth, or maybe some guys just need to get consistent game time to stay sharp and score goals.

I have personally gotten tired of this rhetoric that the PL is so tough than most players fail to adapt.

What is often ignored is the amount of time given to players combined with their personal willingness to overcome PL challenge.

Kean had high potential which he often showed in his cameos even though he didn't score enough goals. Even DCL wasn't scoring for over a year but his off the ball skills kept him in the PL.

If a player like Werner was loaned out in January it would be harsh. Shevchenko spent 2-3 years at Chelsea which was enough to make judgement.

Kean was written off too soon and I am disappointed in the club just accepting him wanting to go on loan to PSG cos he was unhappy. I'd have expected Carlo's Italian roots to motivate and improve him.

I suppose the only issue Is when he comes back and clearly doesn’t want to be here. His agent and his dad will most likely pipe up to get him his move.
He will then refuse to play for us. PSG knowing this might offer a lower price as they know he wants to go and we will be stuck with a player who won’t play for us.

All the ones that cry arse when we sell him will be the same ones saying he wasn't good enough lol bet your last penny on it. From a FFP he'll be a good sale if we get 45m + but from a future of the club perspective it may not be good. I think given more time he'd have worked out here, but DCL suddenly hit form. Hes still only 20 and will go onto big things in the future for sure.

Josh King over Moise Kean. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.