2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hate us 'giving up' on a player we worked so hard to get here.

I don't see why there had to be such a rush.

I think the player himself has given up at Everton if Im being honest. Ancelotti said he would like him to stay and still has a future here. I just think he doesn’t want to be here Kean. He and his agent are behind the motive of this move.

I think the player himself has given up at Everton if Im being honest. Ancelotti said he would like him to stay and still has a future here. I just think he doesn’t want to be here Kean. He and his agent are behind the motive of this move.

Maybe, mate. Maybe!

Remember how with Lookman nothing was said in public but there was clearly something up there? I think this is similar. I swear Lookman had a mystery illness/injury too.

Doesn't tend to work like that - it's an "obligation", as in they have to pay it.

It's a way of working around FFP.

I remember when Sunderland agreed a loan with an obligation to buy for some player (alveraz?) And they refused to buy him so his parent club took them to court and won.

Sounds more like an option which is disappointing but I imagine Kean will score goals in that league so think they'll sign him anyway going forward.

The obligation will be dependent on certain things, i.e. appearances or goals. If he doesn't hit the ground running then he may not hit either target and thus will end up back at Finch Farm in May.

Noooo? the obligation to buy means they are obligated to buy the player after the loan deal ends. If they agree to it and kean bombs they can't back out of it.

Otherwise it's not a obligation to buy it's a option to buy. Obviously there can be clauses put in a option to buy loan that once hit can make it a obligation to buy loan but that's not what I'm talking about.

You got the feeling he wasn’t happy here over the last few weeks/months. I wish him well on loan but can’t help but feel he’s chose the wrong option of joining PSG. For his own personal development he’d have been better off joining a side where he’s guaranteed a starting place. It makes me question his own mentality, does he think he’s better than he actually is?

Yes

Doesn't tend to work like that - it's an "obligation", as in they have to pay it.

It's a way of working around FFP.
Hm I am sure I've read just this week of transfers including obligations based on appearances and/or goals. Maybe there is more than one way to do it, would seem to make sense also given what you said.

I remember when Sunderland agreed a loan with an obligation to buy for some player (alveraz?) And they refused to buy him so his parent club took them to court and won.

Sounds more like an option which is disappointing but I imagine Kean will score goals in that league so think they'll sign him anyway going forward.

If it's just an option, we've had a shocker here.

[
I'm baffled by this, tbh.
I like Josh King but loaning Kean to a team where he's gonna play about as much as he does here and then getting someone of King's ilk in would be pretty underwhelming.

They play Mbappe, Neymar and Icardi.

He'll be rotating with all 3.

Loads of minutes.

With us if DCL is out we push Richarlison up top so hes 3rd choice.

2nd choice for 3 positions
OR
3rd choice for 1 position

Would be very disappointing if theres an option to buy under £50mil.

While true, I don’t see how that makes it any easier for him to get regular games?
They are allowed to Make 5 changes in Ligue 1 and PSG rests their starplayers often because their main priority is Champions League so I think Moise can get some oppertunities.

Noooo? the obligation to buy means they are obligated to buy the player after the loan deal ends. If they agree to it and kean bombs they can't back out of it.

Otherwise it's not a obligation to buy it's a option to buy. Obviously there can be clauses put in a option to buy loan that once hit can make it a obligation to buy loan but that's not what I'm talking about.
Well, it would remain an obligation if the agreed targets were met. But there again it would give the buying club more power to not select the player if they really didn't want him and he was about to hit the target and trigger the deal.

In any case I'd strongly prefer a permanent deal, so if the obligation really does mean if they take him now there is no way for him to return, then I am all for it. It hasn't and won't work out for Kean at Everton.

Last season I was convinced DCL was destined for a career in the championship, this year hes making me look a right knobhead.

Why we wouldn't afford the same chances to Kean who arguably comes with more potential is bizarre to me. Hes played about 5 full games of football

Status
Not open for further replies.