2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember his first appearance here when he came on late, against Watford, from memory - I could be wrong - and he looked
exciting. It was probably less than ten minutes, and I would like him to stay just on what I saw then. What are we talking about - 40 million? That's if someone's prepared to pay it and that isn't much now if you're aiming for the very top.

….you asked ’why couldn’t we shift him?’ and I’m saying as far as I can see nobody wants to buy him. You can’t shift him if nobody wants to buy him.

He was useless for us, it takes a leap of faith to think he’ll be any better this time around.
I disagree he can only be better now than when he went on loan, because of the players he was with and the fact he got a lot of minutes under his belt. Is he good enough? I’m not sure but I think he will be a lot better this time round IF he stays and gets game time. I don’t think 15-20 cameos every other game really helped him whilst he was here but on the other hand when he did come on he was awful. Jury’s still out

No, you were making out we would be stuck with him, a 21 year old Italian international. I struggle to see how you came to that conclusion.

…I am saying we could be stuck with him if he’s as bad as he was first time around. We’d could certainly struggle to recoup anywhere near what we paid.

There seems an assumption he’ll return a much better & more motivated footballer. I struggle to see that but I’d be genuinely chuffed to be proven wrong.

What he needed was a World Class Manager that speaks his language and…oh wait. :dodgy:

Honestly, it seems like everything was laid out on a platter for him! It was like the planets were aligning but…well, if you can’t kick on with all that…Ciao.

Not sure how he gets much more than cameo's if DCL stays fit.

The more I think about it, PSG have played us like a fiddle here - they've effectively loaned him to us.

We have come out and said we wont be bullied by rich clubs - lets see how 'hard' we are in 12 months time with his contract running down. If he does well, he will demand and no doubt get a cut price move back to PSG - if he does poorly, then he's our problem for another 2 years.

…I am saying we could be stuck with him if he’s as bad as he was first time around. We’d could certainly struggle to recoup anywhere near what we paid.

There seems an assumption he’ll return a much better & more motivated footballer. I struggle to see that but I’d be genuinely chuffed to be proven wrong.
I'm not assuming anything, more hoping that he's a year older and a year wiser and has a full season of playing under his belt. He definitely needs to do more than his first season but we have seen it a multitude of times with teenagers who aren't the finished article.

Here's to hoping though, could save us a bob or two.

I'm not assuming anything, more hoping that he's a year older and a year wiser and has a full season of playing under his belt. He definitely needs to do more than his first season but we have seen it a multitude of times with teenagers who aren't the finished article.

Here's to hoping though, could save us a bob or two.

…much better if we can recoup our monies this window & re-invest on quality. I still think Kean will move, but I did think he’d be gone at this point.

Fingers crossed PSG seriously want him.

Just sell him. If it's not lower than 45M€, then I am not upset about it.

Why not let the new manager try to get a tune out of him? Too much negativity surrounding Moise.
Because people are concerned a) about his motivation, b) his ability c) his contract running down and d) the fact that his retention prevents us from bringing in another striker with a better pedigree.

Because people are a) concerned about his motivation, b) his ability c) his contract running down and d) the fact that his retention prevents us from bringing in another striker with a better pedigree.
They should not be worrying about b at all really. It's the least of our worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.