2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
To say he is never playing for us ever again is such an understatement its in Australia.

People forget his two starts for us this season, despite scoring, he looked very poor against League One and Two defenders, would he really have had better impact in games like Sunday or both Newcastle games or Leeds or West Ham? Would we have been gearing up for a League Cup final next month if he’d have played against United?

He was on the pitch for over an hour mind

And didn't cost £25m

Your both missing the point. Im talking about the media coverage

The managers job is to get a result. Ferguson got one. But was vilified by the media to the verge of being racist. They said you should never double sub a player as it wreaks his confidence etc but said nothing when moyes did it.

they're expecting Big Ron Koeman to work miracles with a squad that's just not up to it. He tried to get rid of the trouble causers like Suarez and Messi, but they wouldn't let him instigate the full plan. this is on them.

Your both missing the point. Im talking about the media coverage

The managers job is to get a result. Ferguson got one. But was vilified by the media to the verge of being racist. They said you should never double sub a player as it wreaks his confidence etc but said nothing when moyes did it.
Yeah I get that. But a lot of the media coverage was because he was a £25m signing who had been substituted after 18 mins for tactical reasons. That's a much bigger story than a youth player coming off after an hour in the 112th minute.

DCL, James & Rich both missed time this season early on. Was he used? No, he was shipped out for being crap.
Yes he's crap that's why he went to one of the best sides in the world to be their backup striker instead of staying here. Don't be naive, you're judging a kid who moved to a new country, to a club who did horribly, changed manager, had to scrap up the league and rebuild an indentity all in the midst of a global pandemic that meant he probably couldn't see any of his family and friends from his home.

He was clearly still highly rated even in the summer when he was linked away and PSG took him on loan and used him in the exact way we should, bed him in with the less important games against "weak" teams and eventually he'll get accustomed. He was never gonna learn anything playing 5 minutes here and there in games that were already gone with players that had used their energy and just seeing the game out. If I remember correctly he'd rarely be thrown on when we were chasing a game or still in one, it was almost always when the result was basically done win or loss. I'm not saying he's like Rom but if we had thrown Rom on only as a sub when we had him on loan originally I'm sure he'd have done nothing because he needed time to get into a game just like Kean.

Difficult one this one. Would he have been a better option when Richarlison (who has stunk the place out most of the season) and Calvert Lewin were injured, then Tosun and King. Of course he would have, the problem is, he didn’t want to be here. An unhappy player doesn’t give good performances, so we can only hope if he comes back in the summer, the desire to prove himself in the premier league is there.

People forget his two starts for us this season, despite scoring, he looked very poor against League One and Two defenders, would he really have had better impact in games like Sunday or both Newcastle games or Leeds or West Ham? Would we have been gearing up for a League Cup final next month if he’d have played against United?

yes

we were playing him in entirely the wrong position - as part of a front three he would look far better

What's his strengths? Having Neymar and Mpbappe either side of him?

He hasn't had them on either side of him a fair chunk this season, and he's scored 15 goals I believe.

He's played extremely well tonight for PSG. I watch them a lot for work and he's played pretty well every time I've seen him.

He's got quality - he's a good finisher, plenty of strength and a good turn of pace. He isn't a target man, he isn't a winger who can take on four or five players.

We lumped so much on him to be exactly what we needed straight off the bat. It's no surprise to see him thrive in a better attacking team, but any player would.

He wouldn't have scored as many goals, or played as many games, for us as he has done for PSG. But that's not cause we're better than them, we just play in a totally different way. Good player, probably the wrong time, but also the wrong expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.