2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
If were weren't willing to loan him back to Juve with a buy back arrangement after year 2 for c €25m, then why would we insert a clause for sale to PSG for under £20m?

I know we lost a few quid on some players this summer (Schneiderlin, Walcott, Ramirez etc) but I seriously doubt we would do the same with a potential young talent like Kean...

Good luck to the boy. Unfortunately for him he didn't get too many chances due to assumed attitude and the latter form of DCL and Richarlison.
If he performs well then it protects our investment and potentially makes us a profit, if he's happy to return we may get a more focused player.
It's a win win situation for Everton. He's a talented kid.

Good luck to the boy. Unfortunately for him he didn't get too many chances due to assumed attitude and the latter form of DCL and Richarlison.
If he performs well then it protects our investment and potentially makes us a profit, if he's happy to return we may get a more focused player.
It's a win win situation for Everton. He's a talented kid.

...he didn’t get too many chances because he failed to perform. if he had a positive impact then he’d still be very much involved, if he’d had a positive impact he wouldn’t be at PSG.

We moved our only conventional back-up striker on because he wasn’t very good. There should be no excuses.

...he didn’t get too many chances because he failed to perform. if he had a positive impact then he’d still be very much involved, if he’d had a positive impact he wouldn’t be at PSG.

We moved our only conventional back-up striker on because he wasn’t very good. There should be no excuses.
That's a bit black and white mate. IMO he didn't settle, was expecting to play every week and that's why he has gone. I'm all for getting rid of players when they don't want to stay. He is a potential big talent and whether he realises that potential only time will tell. A few years ago when DCL was the same age people were writing him off (that was still happening until the start of this season), I think we forget that players aren't the finished article at 19, 20, 21 and there is plenty of development to come. That comes down to the player and if they want to knuckle down and do the hard work or take the easy way out.
I don't think we'll see him in a blue shirt again which I'm disappointed about as he could be a huge talent, but sometimes transfers don't work out no matter how good players are. We move on hopefully with a tidy profit.

He is young, will score goals for a big club, and plays for his national team. Jovic went to Madrid for 60 million. Pullisic went to Chelsea for the same amount.

If Kean does well enough, he will garnish a decent haul.
He will have had to have played very well indeed to be worth as much as £60m in which case I would hope to be able to persuade him to stay with the promise of CL football

If not we sell and use the money to bring in a top quality striker plus change towards a right sided player.

Status
Not open for further replies.