2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I’d agree if either of those clubs were prepared to back their judgement and buy him on a permanent deal. From PSGs perspective, this seems a tactical rather than a strategic move. I doubt it was planned, but circumstances led to them scouring the market for a striker on loan.
He's unsettled here and we know Carlo wants players focused. PSG wanted to loan a striker. Suits both clubs so long as we can bring in a decent replacement

How would he be getting game time as a backup striker when Dom is flying?

....it’s a long old season, we won’t be leading by 2 every week with 20mins to go. There’ll be plenty of times we’ll need an effective back-up to try and win us a game or salvage a point. Also, DCL is hot at the moment but every player has a dip in form or gets an injury.

We’ve made a great start and I imagine Ancelotti wants potent striker option that Kean does not provide.

....it’s a long old season, we won’t be leading by 2 every week with 20mins to go. There’ll be plenty of times we’ll need an effective back-up to try and win us a game or salvage a point. Also, DCL is hot at the moment but every player has a dip in form or gets an injury.

We’ve made a great start and I imagine Ancelotti wants potent striker option that Kean does not provide.
Those times won't be frequent enough to give him actual development time. A 26+ year old, sure but you don't do that with 20 year olds.

I bet PSG fans are made up. The final piece of the jigsaw. :coffee:

....you might be right Dave, just been sent a picture of Brands’ garden;

5120C9D2-0BED-4DD7-BADD-8ADE0465E0CA.jpeg

Those times won't be frequent enough to give him actual development time. A 26+ year old, sure but you don't do that with 20 year olds.

...I really don’t get the excuse about age. Gordon isn’t being sent on loan because Ancelotti wants him available. Ancelotti wouldn’t send Kean on loan if he thought he was an effective option. I remember Rooney being on the bench at Anfield as a 16 year old and their supporters being terrified when he was warming up.

You might well be right and I might well be wrong, but logic suggests to me that Kean is going to PSG because Ancelotti wants somebody better.

Kean was a terrible risk, an Italian teenager coming to a foreign country for a big fee. Then along came Carlo and I thought he would be Kean's saviour. Another regrettable signing by Everton.

An utter shambles of a signing.

No wonder that spanner is walking in June.
Dave, you seem to live in a fantasy world totally unrelated to what is actually happening at the club.

Brands is absolutely central fo everything that is happening at the club from the signing of the young Swedish lad today as well as the first team signings and on top of all that is a director of the club.

But, you think he is leaving at the end of the season.

it might be as simple as Carlo rates him and wants to keep him yet can't promise him time to play. PSG will have a lot of games to play so will rotate a lot. We are desparate for a trophy so can't risk anything but our strongest team in ours.

Kean would have got some game time with us, but he'd have been sat a lot on the bench waiting for DCL to get tired or injured. Carlo said on Friday that Moise Kean wasn't going anywhere unless he asked for a loan, so most likely it him who decided to try his luck elsewhere.

...I really don’t get the excuse about age. Gordon isn’t being sent on loan because Ancelotti wants him available. Ancelotti wouldn’t send Kean on loan if he thought he was an effective option. I remember Rooney being on the bench at Anfield as a 16 year old and their supporters being terrified when he was warming up.

You might well be right and I might well be wrong, but logic suggests to me that Kean is going to PSG because Ancelotti wants somebody better.
Its not an excuse. I'm saying you don't leave a 20 year old as backup when they need to be playing as much as possible to develop.

...possibly, but he’s currently our back-up striker so he’d be getting plenty of game time if he was proving effective on the pitch.

if somebody is being lined, it won’t take much for them to be an improvement to the squad, somebody we can bring on and impact games.

Hes 3rd choice forward who seems to have requested to go on loan for game time.

Id be surprised if he didnt get 25-30 games for PSG.

Hes 3rd choice forward who seems to have requested to go on loan for game time.

Id be surprised if he didnt get 25-30 games for PSG.

...but he should be no2 striker. Some on here think he’s a top converter of chances, ideal for a team that creates. If that’s the case, Ancelotti would be using him more. If that‘s the case, logic says to me the last thing Ancelotti would do is let him go.

We’ve made a great start. My assumption of this situation is Ancelotti is concerned that the lack of an effective striker option will really find us out, so he’s letting Kean go to bring somebody in who fits his requirement.

its how I’m reading the situation. If I was manager and had a top young goalscorer in my squad, I wouldn’t be looking to replace him, I’d be looking to exploit him.

I accept I’m in a minority on here with this view and I accept I might well be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.