2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were forced to play both James and Sigurdsson as false 9's on occasions last season when DCL was injured. We were forced into signing Josh King for reinforcements (which was made all the more bizarre by the fact Carlo clearly didn't rate him). I do find it strange that anyone would honestly believe he wouldn't have been a benefit to us last season - particularly given how good he was for PSG.

So wouldn't having another CF for like Kean available to come in on some of those games were DCL missed sitters or when we're chasing a game been a good idea?

No mate. Without being pedantic you said other than Lukaku has been our highest scorer, which isn't true as Yakubu equalled the same tally.
I mean, nothing to say kean wouldn't have missed sitters. And also, dcl was on the pitch to miss, the manager wouldn't have known that the cha ce would be created to think, "we are going to have a sitter in 5 mins, I'd best get kean on".

You are being pedantic. Tamberi and Barshim won joint gold in the pole vault, so we're both joint first. But you can equally say that Barshim won gold. Or that tamberi won gold.

I have never denied yakubu scored 21, but that also doesn't mean dcl hasn't scored the most goals in a season aside from lukaku. Because that's true. Or has he not scored the most goals in a season? Because from what I can see, 21 is the highest tally, and dcl has scored 21.

I mean, nothing to say kean wouldn't have missed sitters. And also, dcl was on the pitch to miss, the manager wouldn't have known that the cha ce would be created to think, "we are going to have a sitter in 5 mins, I'd best get kean on".

You are being pedantic. Tamberi and Barshim won joint gold in the pole vault, so we're both joint first. But you can equally say that Barshim won gold. Or that tamberi won gold.

I have never denied yakubu scored 21, but that also doesn't mean dcl hasn't scored the most goals in a season aside from lukaku. Because that's true. Or has he not scored the most goals in a season? Because from what I can see, 21 is the highest tally, and dcl has scored 21.

Of course not but wouldn't it have been nice to have him or even another CF to call upon when needed rather than Iwobi, Bernard or even Tosun!? That's why I stand by saying we WOULD'VE undoubtedly been a stronger squad with Kean here last season. How much stronger? We'll never know.

Not gonna get into the right or wrong way or phrasing things, however, your comment didn't make it clear that DCL last season done just as well as Yakubu did in his first season. In any case, it says more about the club in the past 30 years that 21 goals in all comps is the second highest tally of any of our players in a single season.

Of course not but wouldn't it have been nice to have him or even another CF to call upon when needed rather than Iwobi, Bernard or even Tosun!? That's why I stand by saying we WOULD'VE undoubtedly been a stronger squad with Kean here last season. How much stronger? We'll never know.

Not gonna get into the right or wrong way or phrasing things, however, your comment didn't make it clear that DCL last season done just as well as Yakubu did in his first season. In any case, it says more about the club in the past 30 years that 21 goals in all comps is the second highest tally of any of our players in a single season.
But the point was meant to be, that when you have a striker scoring higher numbers, even when out-of form, you persevere to try and play them into form again. And having scored 15 and then 21 in 2 seasons, no manager is going to pre empt missing sitters and replacing with someone who hasn't proved anything or shown that they can score at this level.

But the point was meant to be, that when you have a striker scoring higher numbers, even when out-of form, you persevere to try and play them into form again. And having scored 15 and then 21 in 2 seasons, no manager is going to pre empt missing sitters and replacing with someone who hasn't proved anything or shown that they can score at this level.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it took DCL 3 seasons before he even begun finding his feet at this level. Kean has just turned 21 and played regularly for a team that went out of the CL in the semi finals. I'm not saying he should've played every game last season for us had he stayed but we clearly lacked depth up top and he could've fed into that. He hadn't proved he could score at this level before we spunked £30m on him, he was never gonna be the finished article right away.

Sadly I don't think there's any way back for him at the club now which is a shame.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it took DCL 3 seasons before he even begun finding his feet at this level. Kean has just turned 21 and played regularly for a team that went out of the CL in the semi finals. I'm not saying he should've played every game last season for us had he stayed but we clearly lacked depth up top and he could've fed into that. He hadn't proved he could score at this level before we spunked £30m on him, he was never gonna be the finished article right away.

Sadly I don't think there's any way back for him at the club now which is a shame.

….but DCL did his job, showed signs & earned the trust of various Managers. They knew what they had, they saw him in training and that’s why he got game time.

Kean was ineffective first time & it takes a leap of faith to suggest he’ll be better this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.