2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed watching him play yesterday and was great to see him get his goal with some nice movement. I know they have different strengths, but the way he plays just makes him look more like a threat than DCL - I know who I'd rather face as a defender at least.

Young striker starts his second league game
Young striker scores his second league goal
Young striker the only one who came out of that game with any credit
And still gets called crap.
It’s his sixth league start, but I agree it’s way too early to be down on the kid. He has a way to go but so does most of our squad.

Mate you genuinely might want to have a read of this and maybe start muting the telly when Sounness comes on: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ls-racial-bias-in-english-football-commentary
Just putting my two bobs worth in here but that article may quote true stats but fails to talk about other facts regarding black and white players. Yes there are exceptions but there’s a reason that the 100m final is made up of more black athletes than white and that is due to some black people having better physical attributes than white athletes. Commenting on this is now racist?

Just putting my two bobs worth in here but that article may quote true stats but fails to talk about other facts regarding black and white players. Yes there are exceptions but there’s a reason that the 100m final is made up of more black athletes than white and that is due to some black people having better physical attributes than white athletes. Commenting on this is now racist?
Apparently praising Kante for running around more than anyone else is racist. Maybe we should rescind that player of the season that he won, I’m sure he won’t want it now that he knows that it was racists who thought he was the best player in the league.

Looked a lot better against Bournemouth
Hopefully that goal does him the power of good even though Granny Buckethead could have tapped that one in herself.

The difference is of course that Granny Buckethead would not have been in that position, and DCL, on the rare occasion that he would get to the far post, would hit his shot wide exactly like he did the week before.

I've got to say, on Saturday morning I was saying to my brother that I can't see a footballer in Moise Kean and didn't rate his chances of improving next season - But I was pleasantly surprised with his performance.

(I would add, that I went to the Sevilla friendly game when Sandro scored and thought he looked decent though :) )

Do you also believe that white players tend to be ‘more intelligent’ etc?

Thought he did well in the game but let's not get carried away, Bournemouth got relegated for a reason, they can't defend.

He showed some promising signs, but if anyone else messes up those headers they're getting ripped by fans, but he seems to get a pass. Like two back passes.

Took his goal well, and played a few nice passes, but still for a lot of the game he seemed to be away from the action, but given our midfield are awful we can maybe let him off that for now.

It possibly showed in the game why he hasn't played more, as an outlet he was only really useful when we played it in behind or the channels and he could chase it, when playing up to him, I'm not sure he won a single header, and more often than not it just came straight back. If he wants to be a success he needs to add more hold up play to his game when it's played in to him at this level, cos not many teams play that open against Everton at Goodison. He wouldn't normally find that much space, hence why on Sunday he looked like he had more time and in other games he's ran in to crowds of people.

From the outside I'd say he should have started more games since the restart and tried out with both of the other strikers, but given Carlo talks a lot about players should force him to pick them in training, you have to think either he's maybe not the best trainer, or that DCL and Richarlison are. Usually the lads who make it to the top are the ones who work the hardest off the field.

Thought he did well in the game but let's not get carried away, Bournemouth got relegated for a reason, they can't defend.

He showed some promising signs, but if anyone else messes up those headers they're getting ripped by fans, but he seems to get a pass. Like two back passes.

Took his goal well, and played a few nice passes, but still for a lot of the game he seemed to be away from the action, but given our midfield are awful we can maybe let him off that for now.

It possibly showed in the game why he hasn't played more, as an outlet he was only really useful when we played it in behind or the channels and he could chase it, when playing up to him, I'm not sure he won a single header, and more often than not it just came straight back. If he wants to be a success he needs to add more hold up play to his game when it's played in to him at this level, cos not many teams play that open against Everton at Goodison. He wouldn't normally find that much space, hence why on Sunday he looked like he had more time and in other games he's ran in to crowds of people.

From the outside I'd say he should have started more games since the restart and tried out with both of the other strikers, but given Carlo talks a lot about players should force him to pick them in training, you have to think either he's maybe not the best trainer, or that DCL and Richarlison are. Usually the lads who make it to the top are the ones who work the hardest off the field.
Often, young forwards are used out wide. Goven our lack of options and his ability running behind, could it be worth giving him a run there?

Status
Not open for further replies.