2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo says he `like him'.
In life its best to watch actions not words.
Carlo has actually given him very few minutes on the pitch despite us only having DCL/Richie in front of him.
That suggests to me he has a fairly low opinion of him which on the evidence of what I have seen in the UK would be sensible.
Now that we are safe, ( I think) maybe Carlo will give a lot more time, as against Newcastle from the start when he scored and had a good game, before he was taken off.

It is still far too early to write him off . When he comes on I think he may be a little to eager to make the big contribution rather than settling in and letting the opportunities come as a result of his hard work.

Comparing his body shape with DCL and Richarlison make me think that he needs to shed a few pounds as he looks overweight to me. I think that he may need to be lighter to be able to cover the miles that is expected of players now.

As much as anything when you look at DCL you can see the physical condition that he is in and the effort he must put in to be so toned and fit.

I am sure the decision about his future has already been made but we have no idea if the manager is introducing him slowly into the team or keeping him in the shop window for a summer transfer.

I fear it may be the latter as I think there may be a question mark over his work rate even if there isn't one over his ability.

It is still far too early to write him off . When he comes on I think he may be a little to eager to make the big contribution rather than settling in and letting the opportunities come as a result of his hard work.

Comparing his body shape with DCL and Richarlison make me think that he needs to shed a few pounds as he looks overweight to me. I think that he may need to be lighter to be able to cover the miles that is expected of players now.

As much as anything when you look at DCL you can see the physical condition that he is in and the effort he must put in to be so toned and fit.

I am sure the decision about his future has already been made but we have no idea if the manager is introducing him slowly into the team or keeping him in the shop window for a summer transfer.

I fear it may be the latter as I think there may be a question mark over his work rate even if there isn't one over his ability.

I checked actually and i think there is KG between the three of them. I actually thought the opposite, i think he needs more S/C work without putting on to much muscle he needs strength and lean muscle.

If you look at phases of play hes been involved is, part of his problem in England is riding challenges, he is generally fouled and get a free. If he can however bulk and be powerful and can ride these challenges, then its a huge enabling factor. Hes very hard to stop as it is once he get us a head of steam.

Really starting to concern me his lack of awareness on the pitch.

There were a few times when we were on the break and he made no sort of run or attempt to get free of his marker whatsoever.

Are people really praising him for 'winning' that free kick on the edge of their box as well!?

Yes he carried the ball forward a long way which was good (although hardly anything to write home about), but he looked like he had no idea what to do next, took ages to make his mind up, had no idea Cantwell was behind him, and then luckily got brought down.

We're all led to believe hes a powerful quick skillful player....that move was the perfect moment for him to run at the defender and he looked like he had no clue what to do

Hes 1 year older than Anthony Gordon.

If you allow 1 year to adapt (and bear in mind hes had zero stability) would you say theres a far better player in Gordon whose had an advantage of coming through the ranks...

...id say both players need a stable season developing under Ancelotti.
Regardless of how unfair it is, not all prospects are treated equally.

If Gordon scores a goal or two before dropping down the leagues, it'll be considered a bonus.

Kean, on the other hand, is one of the most expensive forwards that the club has ever bought, and the fact that he's only getting token minutes at the end of meaningless games suggests that Ancelotti is not impressed with what he's seen.

Now that we are safe, ( I think) maybe Carlo will give a lot more time, as against Newcastle from the start when he scored and had a good game, before he was taken off.

I think Ancelotti's attitude is looking up at the Europa places above rather than being relieved to pull away from the dogfight below. He's not come here to settle for mid table obscurity.

It's baffling to me how some people have made their minds up on Kean whilst Calvert-Lewin is right there as an example of how sometimes it can take a young striker time.

There's no guarantee that Kean will come good but wouldn't you like to give it a proper chance first to see?

DCL didn't switch from a different league either.

I think Ancelotti's attitude is looking up at the Europa places above rather than being relieved to pull away from the dogfight below. He's not come here to settle for mid table obscurity.

aren’t we all thinking 7th might be on?

I’m more hopeful of us making 7th than kean coming good mind.

It's baffling to me how some people have made their minds up on Kean whilst Calvert-Lewin is right there as an example of how sometimes it can take a young striker time.

There's no guarantee that Kean will come good but wouldn't you like to give it a proper chance first to see?

Some of us aren't convinced by DCL now you mention it! Kean just looks like he doesn't have a football brain and he doesn't even have pace. How much time will it take before you come to a conclusion that he can't hack it.

I think we have to give it another season, definitely. It’s a very different situation to DCL though. A striker who cost £1.5m from league one and is bought for the Under 23s Is obviously going to have less expectation on them than a full international bought for £27m and trumpeted by many as one of the biggest talents in world football. It’s a bit disingenuous to compare their situations to be honest.

Problem with him only coming on for ten minutes here and there, is that he's trying to hard when he comes on. Like yesterday he tried to dribble out our box,got caught and put us under pressure. I still think it's to early to write him off. Next season he needs to take in as much as he can from the manager, knuckle down and want to succeed otherwise he's out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.