2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we bin off any youth players deemed not good enough for the first team at the age of 19? They're all well behind Kean and can’t even get in the squad so just write them off yeah?
Why would I bin off players I haven't seen?

I'm expecting more from a 20 year old who the club paid massive cash for. He's had game time, he's bollocksed it up. I'd rather a player from the U23s had a chance.

Thought it was agreed on here that, that was a pass mate. :coffee:. I can tell your softening to him.....
I didn't agree it. It was a swing and a miss...acceptable in baseball, but a calamity in football.

The lad has poor focus and no composure when it matters. Another Jigsaw Barlow. It was ok to say that though, because he cost nothing and was from Bootle, not a player from Italy the club paid a fortune for....apparently.

I'm expecting more from a 20 year old who the club paid massive cash for. He's had game time, he's bollocksed it up. I'd rather a player from the U23s had a chance.

you have decided to totally ignore his last 3-4 games where he finally looks to be growing into the league and has shown vast improvements

...and he's no better than bang average.

The shoddy standards at this club. I suppose that's what 25 years winning f.a. gets you.

I'll never succumb to a view that a player of this limited standard is adequate for us, much less the answer to our needs.

We had Lukaku not so long ago. I wont deviate from demanding an adequate replacement for him.

Is Kean young? Yes. But we should be seeing much much more than he's shown thus far. It's not just lack of goals either, his general play is nothing special at all.

Have a day off you crank.

Because Dave, you’re writing off a 19 year old who is good enough for first team minutes when most of his peers aren’t. So he’s well ahead of most his age already.

Ronaldo in his first season at Utd aged 19 scored a grand total of 4 Premier League goals in 29 appearances, and didn’t hit double figures in the league until his 4th season at Utd. He’s now one of the greatest players of this generation, just because Kean hasn’t hit the ground running bagging 15 before now doesn’t mean there’s no talent there or Ancelotti won’t work with him to make him a better forward like Sir Alex did with Ronaldo in his early years. Give the lad a chance @davek

Ronaldo in his first season at Utd aged 19 scored a grand total of 4 Premier League goals in 29 appearances, and didn’t hit double figures in the league until his 4th season at Utd. He’s now one of the greatest players of this generation, just because Kean hasn’t hit the ground running bagging 15 before now doesn’t mean there’s no talent there or Ancelotti won’t work with him to make him a better forward like Sir Alex did with Ronaldo in his early years. Give the lad a chance @davek

Really good post.

Was telling my eldest lad basically the same thing the other day - I remember Roy Keane ranting about Ronaldo and Keane was captain of United at the time.

Ronaldo had loads of ability but was inconsistent and was frequently hounded out of matched by opposition tactics. But Sir Alex saw the potential and stuck with it.

Carlo will do the same.

There's always an excuse.

20 years of age Kean is in the next week or so. 20 years of age, and he has experience of playing in Italy and England, but he has a record of 1 goal in 18 appearances for us.

That's 'kin pathetic.

Rashford scored 5 league goals in the last third of his debut season as an 18 year old.
Abraham as a 20 year old in his debut season scores 13 PL goals.
Alli in his debut season at 19 years old scored 10 goals in the PL.

None of them are Rooney class either.

Always an excuse? He was a freak , it’s like comparing 16-17 years old to Messi at the same age. They are the exception to the rule , Rooney broke all sorts of records including the youngest player to score in the prem etc most goals for Man U and country etc he isn’t a “!normal” player

Status
Not open for further replies.