2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kean needs games to form an understanding with DCL and Richarlison and that takes minutes on the pitch.

Aside from Gomes and Gbamin id have no problem selling any of the midfield players over 21. Theyre ridiculously bad.

Once we get the midfield sorted we should see all of our forwards score more.
I agree with the first part, but I think Delph and Davies are fine to keep on as squad players. Delph was signed to be a squad player, and looked good playing next to Gomes. Davies also makes a fine squad player, Sigurdsson was probably missed against West Ham but he can go. Schneiderlin works as a bench player, but should be sold if we get a half decent offer.

How many clear cut chances did him or DCL get yesterday?

there were two opportunities where they both let the ball run for the other and got their wires crossed which is expected given they are learning to play together.

I recall one bit of play he held the ball up, turned away and played the right pass to midfield where we promptly lost it five seconds later which summed Up the whole match.

He had one burst of pace where I think he should have been more selfish and carried on instead of giving it to Theo. He came back and won the ball ala Richarlison which was great to see but definitely ran out of puff around 60 minutes.

He is happier, working harder and when we have one midfielder (iwobi) who can actually spot a pass and play it at the right weight, we will see kean thrive.

the first decent through ball yesterday wasn’t played until Gordon came on.

Fabinho.

Fabinho.

Should be coming on every match for 30mins now and of course in for Richarlison/DCL if theyre unavailable.

Great post. Very highly rated in Italy all the way coming through and just needs time to adapt now.

For me the main issue is the midfield, not one of them can consistently create chances.

Yep, there's players who needed time to settle and there's also players who it just never happens for at a particular club. Just because it went that way for Fabinho doesn't mean it does for Kean. There's a big chance for him over the coming weeks and months now having had his time to settle in. Everyone is desperate for him to do well. It's set up for him to have a good second half of the season.

Hold on nobody is saying about smashing in 20 goals.
But as someone just said. Even in the little game time you might want to see a glimpse of something for 25m. It may well come. But i dont think its out of order to ask what so far we paid a lot of money for could we be getting. Nothings wet the appetite yet. Not even a teaser.
Quite willing to give it time though.
There have quite clearly been glimpses though. He's not stunk the place out. He's just not got going yet. It's a big difference.

We need to get this lad signed up to the "How to be 19 and not let fans damage your confidence before your career has begun" course.....

Currently being modified by Calvert Lewin .... previous attendees of this course were Leon osman, Ross Barkley, Tom Davies,

Lads a quality player, he’s 19 and is in a team where the midfield are unable to control a ball and pass it forward. Once he scores he bag loads. Still think he get 10 this season... if he gets 1 lol

Lads a quality player, he’s 19 and is in a team where the midfield are unable to control a ball and pass it forward. Once he scores he bag loads. Still think he get 10 this season... if he gets 1 lol
10 goals in our last 15 games would be a hell of an effort for anyone, nevermind someone who hasn't scored yet and probably isn't in the team if everyone's fit. I'd be happy if he can get 2 or 3 goals and just look a bit more comfortable in general. If he can do that we can look forward to next season and him pushing on. If he carries on like this we'll have a big decision to make in the summer.

10 goals in our last 15 games would be a hell of an effort for anyone, nevermind someone who hasn't scored yet and probably isn't in the team if everyone's fit. I'd be happy if he can get 2 or 3 goals and just look a bit more comfortable in general. If he can do that we can look forward to next season and him pushing on. If he carries on like this we'll have a big decision to make in the summer.
He isn’t going anywhere. We won’t sell him any time soon

Good piece on the Athletic going through his performance on Saturday. Theres some good and bad stuff in there I'd forgotten about. Some nice words about Niasse too.

There is definitely a huge communication gap, as displayed on Saturday when he was leaving balls for DCL despite nothing shouted from him, or running into the same spaces as him, playing balls through for players who aren't there, not making runs when players are looking to play him in, etc. I just think this transfer has been a failure from day one and it's best for him to return back to Italy.

How many clear cut chances did him or DCL get yesterday?

there were two opportunities where they both let the ball run for the other and got their wires crossed which is expected given they are learning to play together.

I recall one bit of play he held the ball up, turned away and played the right pass to midfield where we promptly lost it five seconds later which summed Up the whole match.

He had one burst of pace where I think he should have been more selfish and carried on instead of giving it to Theo. He came back and won the ball ala Richarlison which was great to see but definitely ran out of puff around 60 minutes.

He is happier, working harder and when we have one midfielder (iwobi) who can actually spot a pass and play it at the right weight, we will see kean thrive.

the first decent through ball yesterday wasn’t played until Gordon came on.
Yeah was that the one where he did 2 players on him by the side line, did lovely bit skill took them 2 players out. Then passed it to Davies who managed to mess up a simple 5 yard sideways pass to Delph and gave it to the opposition. I think he is a lot like Lukaku in you have to play the ball in front of him to run on to that’s where he looks his best. His back to goal ain’t is strong suit but he can improve that giving time.

Must have been a garbage article then.

Nice as in raised a smile rather than as in complimentary

"The 29-year-old is a cult… well, not quite hero; a player regarded affectionately by Evertonians, who is indulged for his travails, Ronald Koeman having rather unnecessarily depriving him of a locker in 2016 and his hard-running cameos. Ancelotti wants to sell him and you can see why because his touch remains erratic. The Senegalese is part of Everton’s past."

Status
Not open for further replies.