2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt you make the mistake of not keeping faith with Vlasic who was only young and didn't really get a run in the side before being shipped out to CSKA where he did well on loan and has done since joining them permanently

Give Kean a chance to settle and get to grips hes 19

Even for ordinary jobs, it takes a long time to really settle to be fully effective - knowing who the good workers where, how to get to best out of your colleagues or yourself when working together. Add in that he's 19 and living in a foreign country (learning a language at work - imagine if you only had a basic knowledge of Italian and you're sent to work in an office there).

Given that he is generally seen as having massive potential, he can have until the end of next season until he's really firing for me, if we see steady progress and good attitude.

I didn't make anything up - I said that if a striker became available for £60m and we can offset that by £20m by selling Kean after he hasn't shown anything to suggest he'll make the grade, then I think we'll sell.

We make a bit of a loss on a failed player - would hardly be the first time in the history of football that had happened.

I'm not writing him off; I'm just saying the window of opportunity for him is closing here and he needs to show something quickly to justify persisting with him. This isn't a Calvert-Lewin situation, a kid brought in for £2.5m who hung around like a bad smell for a few years until he came somewhat alright; this is a £25m+ footballer and the price tag matters, you need a return on investment.

People on here act like he´s got years to settle himself in the team whilst playing the way he currently is, it´s mad. If things haven´t picked up by the summer, he´ll be very much in the shop window if the right offer comes along.

I guarantee as well all the hopeful optimism surrounding him coming good will be gone by the first game game next season if he doesn´t perform. Right now, he´s getting brilliant backing from the fans. The type you wouldn´t see at most other clubs.

Honestly - this is why the club is in the state its in. Fans who dont back their players - especially when its a 19 year old, naive kid who barely speaks the language.

He has never trained for the pace of the premier league in his life either!

At least give the kid a full pre-season and a handful of games next season. Its not his fault we are throwing him the first team when by all rights there would normally be at least 1 or two seasoned strikers in front of him.

19 year olds rarely start smashing in 20 a season

Honestly - this is why the club is in the state its in. Fans who dont back their players - especially when its a 19 year old, naive kid who barely speaks the language.

At least give the kid a full pre-season and a handful of games next season. Its not his fault we are throwing him the first team when by all rights there would normally be at least 1 or two seasoned strikers in front of him.

Hold on nobody is saying about smashing in 20 goals.
But as someone just said. Even in the little game time you might want to see a glimpse of something for 25m. It may well come. But i dont think its out of order to ask what so far we paid a lot of money for could we be getting. Nothings wet the appetite yet. Not even a teaser.
Quite willing to give it time though.

I back every Everton player and I really hope Kean can be the striker we crave. After all I still naively hope the likes of scherderlin will miraculously find his southampton form under Ancelotti. However I’ve yet to see anything in Kean that convinces me that he can adapt to the premier league. Hopefully working with Ancelotti day in day out on the training ground will develop him.

It’s funny to see people say ‘I haven’t seen this or that’. At 19 and with a handful of starts, pretty much all you ever see from players in that position is a flash of ability on the ball and too much running into the wrong areas. Seeing him do that is pretty much a necessary part of the process.

That doesn’t mean he’s on a deterministic track to success. But any eventual success will be decided largely by his own mentality and application over the next few seasons. The idea that anyone can witness that predictor of his success on the pitch right now is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.