2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could also be an opportunity for Gordon.

We are all guessing about Kean and his future.
He certainly will have needed time to settle and I don't think that was ever an issue.

The key really is how he is doing at FF every day. Is his attitude good ? , is he working hard ? , is he integrating with the other players ? Is he settling into the area, does he want to return to Italy ? , Is there interest in him from Italy ?, Could he be part of an exchange deal ?, Is the manager trying to change or alter his game to something different ?

These for me are some the key questions and I don' t think anybody on here knows the answer.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, no, no, no, dunno

Probably another 2-3 years as the kid is 19, much to the chagrin of many internet whiners.
If he was three years off premier league quality then we shouldn't have been spending anywhere near what we spent on him. The fee we paid is not the lads fault but £27m plus wages to get one year's return on a 4 year contract is poor value. I hope his potential is fulfilled before then, and of course it may never be fulfilled, otherwise that is yet more money wasted if your timeline is even close to accurate.

If he was three years off premier league quality then we shouldn't have been spending anywhere near what we spent on him. The fee we paid is not the lads fault but £27m plus wages to get one year's return on a 4 year contract is poor value. I hope his potential is fulfilled before then, and of course it may never be fulfilled, otherwise that is yet more money wasted if your timeline is even close to accurate.

If the kid comes good at 21 or 22, Everton will get double what they paid for him.

If the kid comes good at 21 or 22, Everton will get double what they paid for him.
Not with 12 months left on his contract we won't. Maybe if he signs a new deal part way through. In any case, over 4 years he will earn another £10 m in wages and if he does sign a new contract, there will be a signing bonus and a bump in wages. So even if we sell him for £50m in 3 years time we will have spent £27m in fees (not including Raiola's fee), a minimum of £10m in wages (but more likely closer to £15m-20m if a new deal is signed) which would leave us with a maximum profit of £13m. There has to be a sporting return on a £27m investment. If he was less than £10m or the bulk of the fee was performance based then that is a different argument. With our financial situation we can't be taking £27m punts and, fairly or unfairly, the expectations of the fans for £27m signings will be high. Richarlison was a similar age when he signed and wasn't given a three-year grace period. I accept that their situations are a bit different, as Richarlison already had premier league experience, but Kean had international caps for Italy, played 20 games for Juventus and two thirds of a serie A season with Verona, so he wasn't completely green.

Greenwood is 18 and is doing a decent job at Utd.

Yes based on him being 19 means he should be given time but no excuse for looking like a fan who's won a raffle to come on the pitch.

Needs to start pulling his weight he's had 5 months in England/the club has to start showing some progress / goal threat.

Yes based on him being 19 means he should be given time but no excuse for looking like a fan who's won a raffle to come on the pitch.

Needs to start pulling his weight he's had 5 months in England/the club has to start showing some progress / goal threat.

Greenwood’s also spent 18 years in England, speaking English, at United since he was a kid learning the system, the staff, getting settled in, probably still lives with his parents in Manchester, used to the way we play in this country.

Aye, it’s the same thing, you’re right.

Thats Mason Greenwood, a lad from Bradford who has played English football his whole life.

Seems a pretty fair comparison.

NOT.
But age means nothing as my point what Kean was the better player out the two in Italy yet Cutrone has so far adapted to the English game quicker.

Cutrone joined Fiorentina on an 18-month loan deal on 10 January 2020

LOL

Greenwood’s also spent 18 years in England, speaking English, at United since he was a kid learning the system, the staff, getting settled in, probably still lives with his parents in Manchester, used to the way we play in this country.

Aye, it’s the same thing, you’re right.

But you cant have it both ways.

You cant defend Brands for failing to bring in a proven goalscorer claiming DCL & Kean are enough then moan when fans then put expectations on Keans shoulders.

I said all since the Summer we needed to have brought in 2 strikers - Kean + a proven goalscorer in their prime to allow Kean/DCL the time to progress with little pressure.

I was laughed at and told Kean is a quality player and we have enough up top to compete.

Lets see how that pans out without Richarlison saving our arses every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.