2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not writing him off, and i've seen very very few people doing so. There's a bit of a difference between it taking time and what we're seeing though isn't there? It would be complete revisionism to pretend the forum was full of people saying 'I can't see Kean scoring until mid January at the earliest' when we signed him. We knew it would take time for him to really blossom, but hardly anybody on here was saying in the summer that he was unlikely to be starting games 2/3 of the way through the season.

Again, i'm not having a go at Kean here (although he hasn't really helped himself to be fair) but this idea that we shouldn't expect a £27m striker to have had any impact at all in 6 months is ridiculous. It's not his fault we signed him and not a more experienced striker to help him, but it wasn't Cuco Martina's fault that he couldn't play football either, and he got considerably less leeway.
Well that’s the way it’s turned out hasn’t it? We paid that for the potential and it takes time for him to reach the potential. There’s no point people constantly having a go about it.

Plenty writing the kid off already eh.

Just think of this , our current manager tried to sign him for Napoli before he came here.

If you are doubting him then shame on you.

Same people who spouted off about DCL....

DCL was hung out to dry by previous managers, he was expected to replace Lukaku and the the lack of buying a suitable replacement put this lad under massive scrutiny at a period of his career he should of been a bit part player.

Please do not let this happen again....

Well that’s the way it’s turned out hasn’t it? We paid that for the potential and it takes time for him to reach the potential. There’s no point people constantly having a go about it.
I kind of disagree. It’s a forum where we discuss Everton and their players. Most people evidently think a £27m striker struggling to the extent that he hasn’t scored A single goal, has been subbed back off as a sub the same amount of times as he’s got an assist, and he watched us play all sorts of people out of position rather than use him as one of our subs last week is worthy of commenting on. I can’t say that surprises me as much as it does you.

A starting place would at least give us a proper opportunity to weigh him up - I hope he grasps the opportunity.

The fee paid does place a higher level of expectancy (and urgency) on the lad. Fingers crossed he plays.

Could also be an opportunity for Gordon.

We are all guessing about Kean and his future.
He certainly will have needed time to settle and I don't think that was ever an issue.

The key really is how he is doing at FF every day. Is his attitude good ? , is he working hard ? , is he integrating with the other players ? Is he settling into the area, does he want to return to Italy ? , Is there interest in him from Italy ?, Could he be part of an exchange deal ?, Is the manager trying to change or alter his game to something different ?

These for me are some the key questions and I don' t think anybody on here knows the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.