2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many games in a row has he started?

How many games did DCL start in a row ?

He has shown more promise in the very limited time he has than DCL did during his run of games.

Not really hearing the Bambi comments about DCL lately.

Let’s judge after decent run of games.

He’s 19
New league

he was never claimed to be our savior.

for the record I’d sell DCL in a heartbeat.

If he was doing it on the pitch or at training he’d displace DCL but he hasn’t so he clearly isn’t.

I actually am beginning to feel sorry for him DCL and Richarlison.

Imagine playing in front of Walcott, Sigurdsson, Delph and Schneiderlin....also Bernard is a good player but doesnt rack up killer balls into them.

No wonder theyre not getting the plaudits.

Put them in the RS or City teams and they would net boatloads.
They’d not get near the pitch in those teams Zat. Richy would make the bench. Not sure about the others two. Neither of them is getting ahead of Firmino, Origi, Aguero, or Jesus for striker minutes. We’re a crap mid table side top to bottom.

This is going the same way as the Tosun valuation.

He cost about £22mil with £5mil more (approx) on clauses.

Hes literally the hottest forward prospect in Italy, already made his full national debut and scored goals.

If Ademola Lookman can be sold for circa £20mil then im pretty confident we would get our money back on Moise Kean who is still 19.

Those saying how bad Kean is I wonder how you all felt about DCL or Richarlison when they joined?

For what its worth, other Italian kids in the same bracket and 'cheaper' positions are rated at £60mil+.
I hope him comes good, but he traps a ball further than I can kick it

Mad he keeps getting minutes despite not having any sort of impact.
We are hardly creating chance after chance for him.If he was coming on and missing sitters that would be another thing.If you were expecting a young lad from another country with no Premier League experience to be picking the ball up from deep or wide positions taking on multiple players to créate his own chances you've only set yourself up for disappointment.

Stick by him and he'll come good. He has different attributes to DCL and is young.

Add one more (reliable) striker to those two after shifting Niasse and Tosun etc and it will take the pressure off.

If you were expecting a young lad from another country with no Premier League experience to be picking the ball up from deep or wide positions and taking on multiple players

Exactly what he did at Juve. Seen none of that here since the Lincoln game. If, as a striker, you're somewhat isolated, you drop deep or pull out wide to see more of the ball and create space for others. He's done nothing. I've watched him during games stand still, hands on hips or doubled over after a sprint. His off the ball movement is almost non-existent.

The big chances he's had, he's missed, including a couple of sitters. Hasn't been anywhere near enough of a 'nuisance' for defences to create things for others either. He's appeared utterly bereft of energy and fitness, positionally and tactically inept and, most disappointingly, just hasn't taken his chances.

I can appreciate we tempered expectations and nobody really expected for him to come in and knock 15 goals IAC but I've no idea why our fans set their expectations for this kid so perilously low either.

He cost a wedge, he's an Italian international who was playing for Juventus and in the Champions League. That alone doesn't make him a top player, but it's experience enough to place reasonable expectations on the lad coming in.

Exactly what he did at Juve. Seen none of that here since the Lincoln game. If, as a striker, you're somewhat isolated, you drop deep or pull out wide to see more of the ball and create space for others. He's done nothing. I've watched him during games stand still, hands on hips or doubled over after a sprint. His off the ball movement is almost non-existent.

The big chances he's had, he's missed, including a couple of sitters. Hasn't been anywhere near enough of a 'nuisance' for defences to create things for others either. He's appeared utterly bereft of energy and fitness, positionally and tactically inept and, most disappointingly, just hasn't taken his chances.

I can appreciate we tempered expectations and nobody really expected for him to come in and knock 15 goals IAC but I've no idea why our fans set their expectations for this kid so perilously low either.

He cost a wedge, he's an Italian international who was playing for Juventus and in the Champions League. That alone doesn't make him a top player, but it's experience enough to place reasonable expectations on the lad coming in.
Think you might find Juventus players making intelligent runs to take defenders away and make space for him,something we don't do.And I can't seem to recall the sitters you mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.