2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL had the ball about 10 yards inside the Leicester half at the weekend with a bit of time on tthe ball a Leicester player a few yards away and one running back to cover he looked like a rabbit in the headlights didn't have a clue what to do looked bemused to have the ball at his feet and didn't know what tofo, Kean in the same position would have tried to beat the first man maybe the second at least tried to run towards goal get a shot away. DCL got down the edge of the Leicester box at a snails pace defenders were back it came to nothing.

Valid criticism for what, exactly? Being asked to provide immediately in a foreign country at 19, his first time away from home and learning an entirely new language, and still needing to adapt to one of the most physical and parity-laden leagues in the world?

In a team that's provided next to no reliable service for it's attackers.
I’m a big believer that a first team player is judged as a first team player, whatever their age. If you’re playing for Everton I expect a certain level, no matter what age you are, unless you’ve been pressed into action before you should be because of injuries etc.

That’s not the case with Kean. We’ve spent a lot of money on him and were very happy to laud him as a coup. He is undoubtedly on first team wages.

On that basis I will treat him like any other first team player. He‘s given some leeway on the basis he can improve, but I will absolutely criticise him if he doesn’t play like a PL player. We’re not a charity, we’re playing in a competitive league,You’ve got to produce the goods.

Valid criticism for what, exactly? Being asked to provide immediately in a foreign country at 19, his first time away from home and learning an entirely new language, and still needing to adapt to one of the most physical and parity-laden leagues in the world?

In a team that's provided next to no reliable service for it's attackers.
Richarlison seems to do ok.....to all of the above btw

DCL had the ball about 10 yards inside the Leicester half at the weekend with a bit of time on tthe ball a Leicester player a few yards away and one running back to cover he looked like a rabbit in the headlights didn't have a clue what to do looked bemused to have the ball at his feet and didn't know what tofo, Kean in the same position would have tried to beat the first man maybe the second at least tried to run towards goal get a shot away. DCL got down the edge of the Leicester box at a snails pace defenders were back it came to nothing.
DCL is A for effort and A for championship standard football. He will not get a kick with a new full time manager. Huddersfield awaits...

Ive seen him on a number of occasions be surrounded by 3 defenders with no support, all hacking at him, and them not be able to take the ball off of him. Ive seen him miss goals by about 1-2 feet at least 5 times in limited playing time. Ive seen top defenders immediately back off in respect when he faces them as THEY think more highly of him than posters on here.
Yet Niasse is still more prolific than him as is DCL. I am not doubting his potential I am sure he has it but I still haven't seen anything to say we have a bargain or even a decent player....as of yet. I want to be proven wrong but he still hasn't shown anything that resembles a good striker. I know he needs a run of games but he must be pretty poor in training not to get the nod over DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.